Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pat_In_LA's Trip Home

OVER-BOOST!!
    SVO's: Too Many!

Thumbs up Pat_In_LA's Trip Home

I spoke to Pat just a few minutes ago by phone. He's made it as far west as Salina, Kansas returing home to SoCal from the Reunion in our new 86 9L.

He's stopped there for the night at the Best Western.
    The car is running great and Pat is planning on making Denver tomorrow.

SVO's: 1985.5 1B
    From Georgia to Kentucky - Around the autox course and not gingerly either - Hammer down on the skinny pedal to California. That's living!

OVER-BOOST!!
    Pat also told me he's averaging between 26 and 27 miles to the gallon! Not too shabby for an 86 with an A234 cam!

I don't know if that includes the autocross!

Too bad he won't be able to get any more of that good 93 octane stuff when he gets back home in CA.
    Last edited by Eyelawdoc; 10-19-2004 at 01:13 AM.

SVO's: 84, 85.5, 86
    Pat M.

If your going to buy any more fox body cars out of state and need them driven back... ....I am availble for hire!

Glad to hear things are going well. Pat P posted a not-too-shabby time on the auto-x run either!
    -Mike Malone (svoca #416)
    84 9W / 85.5 9L / 86 2A

OVER-BOOST!!
    Originally posted by AT6svo
    Glad to hear things are going well. Pat P posted a not-too-shabby time on the auto-x run either!
    I understand he finished 9th, only 2/10 of a second behind Gator!

Pat is a VERY skilled driver to be able to do that in a mildly modified car!
    Last edited by Eyelawdoc; 10-19-2004 at 02:21 AM.

SVO's: 86 2R, 84 9W,85 4E

Especially with the hangover he had.

Pat was deep in the the Dewars on Sat night and still pulled off that feat. The man of steel! Pat in La.

I pulled in this morning at 2:30 am after 18 hours of straight driving. Rough man, rough! I'll let Joe Turbo and Mr. Pink tell you about their adventure.
    86' 2R Original Owner "Project Originale"; 86' 2R "Project Bolo" 84' 9W "Project Bondo"; 86 2R "Project Evil" (GONE!); 90' 5.0 LX Vert; 98 Dodge Neon ACR Track Car; 05 SRT-4 ACR! ---"Real tomato ketchup Eddie?"

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    good to hear you made it home ok Paul .

Sunday night pat was WAY DEEP in the bottle sunday night, and to my amazment, he was up, and ready to leave at 8:00 am !!!!

WOW!!! I'm not worthy!!

Did Joe Turbo make it home ?? I was a little worried about him /his car

OVER-BOOST!!
    Originally posted by SVOeric
    good to hear you made it home ok Paul .

Sunday night pat was WAY DEEP in the bottle sunday night, and to my amazment, he was up, and ready to leave at 8:00 am !!!!

WOW!!! I'm not worthy!!

Pat is a trained expert, with years of experience! Do not try this at home!-LOL!!!

Director, and Idiot Savant Gator's Avatar
    Originally posted by Eyelawdoc
    Pat is a trained expert, with years of experience!
    HELL YEAH HE IS !!! He never spilled a drop !!!

SVO's: None
    Originally posted by SVOeric
    Did Joe Turbo make it home ?? I was a little worried about him /his car
    After a little side trip to the Poconos, Joe Turbo's car made it home safe & sound strapped to the trailer.

The noises only got louder about the time we crossed the MD border. I let him drive my car and we towed his home. He should know more about what is going on later this week.

Quoted by Mr. Pink
    "Here's the keys Joe, don't mind the bouncing Speedo and the E-brake doesn't work. Oh....I don't trust that fuel guage either. Try and stay out of the turbo or high RPMs...its running a little Lean. One more thing...check the oil whenever you fuel up....I've got a Leak-pro for a valve cover gasket. YEAH - C'MON!
    Last edited by Mr. Pink; 10-19-2004 at 06:45 PM.

OVER-BOOST!!
    I just had another call from Pat. He didn't make it to Denver today. He's sidelined in Clifton, Colorado with a charging system failure.

Not to worry though, he has one of Gyrhead's NOS alternators along with him as a spare. He hopes to effect repairs tomorrow morning (it is dark there now) and be on his way again.

He also has the remainder of the bottle of Dewars to keep him company this evening!
    Last edited by Eyelawdoc; 10-20-2004 at 12:07 AM.

SVO's: Her 86, His 84
    ALL HAIL PAT!!!!!!!!!

That is too cool

I'm glad Pat took one of the alternators. I didn't expect any problems, given the way the car looked but ya never know. Hopefully that's what it was/is. Talk about lucky.. now, hopefully Pat bought an el-cheapo tool set before he left Richmond like he said he would.
    86' 2R Original Owner "Project Originale"; 86' 2R "Project Bolo" 84' 9W "Project Bondo"; 86 2R "Project Evil" (GONE!); 90' 5.0 LX Vert; 98 Dodge Neon ACR Track Car; 05 SRT-4 ACR! ---"Real tomato ketchup Eddie?"

SVO's: 1986 1c

alt

Gyrhead,
    I was looking for you at the show to see the alt and the voltage reg. i must have missed ya. Oh well next time for sure.

pat will get a trip out of reading about his exploits.
    Confucius says" a closed mouth gathers no foot"

wqy too cold

NY Eric, I was freezing my butt off on Saturday, so needless to say I didn't unload too much stuff. I had a couple of parts on the ground in front of my car at Ballards and there were a bunch of guys standing around in a circle rubbing their chins. In my case, I just picked one chin to rub. I hope Pat isn't wishing he grabbed a voltage regulator in addition to a starter and alternator.

Paul