SVO's: IIA2RIAS - 86 2R

rattle when letting off the gas at speed

when im cruising at, say, 65 mph in 5th gear, and I let off of the gas, i feel the motor hesitate (FEEL it like it may be a weak motor mount, cause it feels like the motor is moving to one side or the other), and then i hear, what appears to be, an rattle, near the tranny untill i either get on the gas pedal again, or I let it go down to about 55 or so. THIS Is all give or take a few miles per hour............ I also feel it when im holding onto the gear shift knob......... since I put in the clutch.... Mike Flemming said to dial the drive shaft 45 degrees around until my really bad vibration goes away.... I never did that cause the very next day, after mike suggested the above, it somehow mysteriously did NOT vibrate that bad anymore.......
    86 2R: 14/NOV/1985 #7606 deSkittled in SEP 2003

SVO's: Several
    Those sound like the typical driveshaft symptoms to me. Been there, done that on several SVO's.

SVO's: IIA2RIAS - 86 2R

THANKS to Indiana Dave !!

Dave those tires that you gave me..... I finally got them put on my rims and balanced them ...... OH MY..... I SHOULD KICK my OWN @$$......... WHAT A DIFFERENCE......... the whole car feels so much smoother..... the guy that did the swap for me informed me that the rims were really straight.... and that the they balanced really easily .... two other things that he told me are that one of my front break line hoses looks to have some cracks in it.... and my passenger side front koni looks to be leaking a bit......

this is one thing i DONT mind it nickel and diming me to death..... and its not counted on as a daily driver.... and YES (Mike) id LOVE to have a alluminum Driveshaft as well... but i gotta smooze the wife into knowing that i spent money on getting those tires mounted... we are penny pinching somewhat cause im going for 6 weeks of AF reserve training this summer which doesnt pay what I make being a geek in the civilian world........

again THANKS DAVID !!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by rschonegg; 04-09-2005 at 01:05 AM.
    86 2R: 14/NOV/1985 #7606 deSkittled in SEP 2003

SVO's: 86 1E -340WHP@12psi

Re: THANKS to Indiana Dave !!

Originally posted by rschonegg
    and YES (Mike) id LOVE to have a alluminum Driveshaft as well... but i gotta smooze the wife into knowing that i spent money on getting those tires mounted...
    I've found that the Aluminum Driveshaft makes a "ting sound" when you let out the clutch - Probably something to do with the missing dampner that comes with the stock SVO driveshaft. I've heard of people filling them with foam (all Ford driveshafts now come filled with foam). I don't know if they are doing this with the aluminum Motorsport one though.

SVO's: 85 2A Mild mods
    No problem Richard! Glad I could help.
    I'd replace thos brake lines soon. Don't want one to start swelling up and loose brake pressure... The Koni is probably good for a while, although you might keep an eye out for a replacement.
    If it ain't broke... Give me some time!