Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Friday

SVO's: FoxRod

Thoughts?

Itís mailed.

We (wife and I) are planning on coming down Thursday, in town ~ 5:00 or so. What will be going on at that time? Iím hoping that the computer savvy gentlemen on this forum can help me tune my car. Mechanical it is sound. Electrically is another issue. I may of said before, I rebuilt the engine 2+ years ago. I have all the trick stuff. It feels like itís making some good power except at high RPMís. The boost will creep big time about 4300 or so, almost like I need to bore out the waste gate hole. Anyway. Iíll be more than happy to take all that want for a ride. Hopefully we can get it running a little better before I dyno at 5:00. Any thoughts?

SVO's: Several

Re: Thoughts?

Originally posted by Henson
    Itís mailed.

We (wife and I) are planning on coming down Thursday, in town ~ 5:00 or so. What will be going on at that time? Iím hoping that the computer savvy gentlemen on this forum can help me tune my car.
    Rob and I will be installing the SDS in his car about that time on Thursday. We may possibly be in the parking lot behind the conference room. Looks like we're tacking on another day to the Reunion this year!

SVO's: 84 slapper, 85 Hertz
    We're(me and kiwi) coming in on Thursday also. I want to get in on the sds install too.
    "Team Cobra Kai"

SVO's: 84 blue,86,84 2A

svono50

Your PM box is full! check your sent pm's
    My info is back in this thread for payment info
    Rob Wagner SVOCA #66
    86 2A comp prep, 2011 F250

SVO's: FoxRod

Thanks for the thoughts.

Mike- Pat- Sounds good.

Turbine housing work sounds like a winter project. Scratch that, maybe a t3t4 upgrade, that sounds better to me.

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    this is a dyno thread, but MY turbo (from evergreen) has a extra large flapper door on the housing, to cover the larger hole. The new flapper is 1.3 inches -- I never measured the hole itself, but I'm guessing about 1.25, or a little less...
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: '86 2R

Payment

SVORob,

Can you let me know when you receive my Dyno payment? Also, can I just pay the 15.00 for the car show registration when I get there? Thanks.
    Dave
    Fry the computer Guy

SVO's: 84 blue,86,84 2A

Payment

If ya sent in a check look here
    dyno

GUY"s make sure you enclose your screen name with your check.
    ya all signed up by by "screen names"
    Thank's
    Rob Wagner SVOCA #66
    86 2A comp prep, 2011 F250

Sent the check out this morning Rob.
    Time to clean up the engine bay!

SVO's: 86 SVO 2R b-wng del

dyno cost

I would like to attend dyno day. How much is a run or is it by the hour. thanks, Chuck
    I4TURBO

SVO's: 85 Ford Red
    Wow, the weather will be perfect friday for making big HP! I can't wait to see and hear this one! Temp. in the 70's, nice dry air! Yeh, and with 3 runs in 45 minutes it'll give you'all a chance to do some changes to cam or ingnition timing, fuel, tire pressure, etc.! Tune em up boys!

SVO's: 84 2A, 1C
    i got my forced4 motocraft tune up kit in last week, put it on over the weekend. plugs didnt look too good... but i dont know how long since they've been replaced. And the coil - dist cable wire that was in the kit was the wrong type. ;.;

Which brings me to the question, is there an easy way to get at the lock down nut on the dist shaft without ripping the alt off the front of the motor?

hopefully these pulls will give me some insight to my wonderful 18 mpg hwy performance.

Originally posted by MikeFleming
    I've always used a 9" or so #2 Phullips screwdriver and attacked it from the top - both screws are easily accessible (and they're captive to the cap, so you don't need to worry about dropping them). On the 85.5 and later cars it's sometimes easier to remove the support brace that runs from the outside of the alternator adjustment bracket to the outer front mounting stud on the intake manifold (not present on the in-line intakes).
    im not talking about the distributor cap retainer screws, but the bolt that holds the clamp down fork on the distributor shaft next to the block. If im gonna do any timeing adjustments, id prefer to bust that loose beforehand so i dont have any embarssing moments on the dyno.

SVO's: Several
    Use a 17mm or 11/16" wobbly socket and a long 3/8" drive extension with wratchet.

Originally posted by Pat_in_L.A.
    Use a 17mm or 11/16" wobbly socket and a long 3/8" drive extension with wratchet.
    ah, thanks. dont think i have any short sockets that size in my kit. got u joints though.. we'll see how it goes next time its dry out.