Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: north vs south dyno 06

SVO's: 84 1c

north vs south dyno 06

I will be looking forward to the battle of dyno day come 06 i hope eveybody will be ready i know i will be that would be representing the north for you south boy's,and what about a battle of the drags!!!

I still got some work.

Got a year to work on the program and cam. I just want to break 325 next year. Thats my goal for 2006.

Got to take baby steps down south.
    Time to clean up the engine bay!

SVO's: 84 2A, 1C
    im aiming for 300ft-lbs for next year, and if i get the MS on, 300hp/30mpg.

Too svo brown

Yes that is after the blackbird i could not think of nothing. I have put down 290hp and 306tq that was with my valves floating at 4800 the geometry in the head is not set up correctly.Do you know anybody that would be interested in the head, it's not damaged it just need's fixed, replace the springs and set the head up it is the ford motorsport big valve head with a 500 lift ets cam nice piece the cam alone was $395 steel billet roller.The reason for selling and not fixing myself i am going with the essy aluminum. What is wrong with your cam

SVO's: 86-1C & 86-1E
    nothing solid that we will be doing dyno next year, just a thought

BTW :: my car only made 210 at the dyno, so I might be one of those guys that can sneak up on ya next year

BTW :: Filled the tank again yesterday, and the car runs 10 times better -- different station this time...
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

SVO's: 84 slapper, 85 Hertz
    210/289 @ 3500rpm on mine. it keep pinging with only 19#'s of boost. Must have been that quality gas from Kentucky?
    "Team Cobra Kai"

The vac has always been low (12lbs) and with the maf it takes forever to get in the power band of it. Going to try my 84 stock cam and then the RR cam this week and see if its the program or the cam. Got to get the power back around 2500 rpms to make it fun at auto cross.
    Time to clean up the engine bay!

SVO's: 86 1C
    Kerry, why don't you just drop some 4:10 or 4:30 gears in the car? That will bring your rpm right up into the upper range
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

too svo brown

That is all my motor gets for vacum 12 at idle it is a little slow to get going but the bigger the cam the slower it takes to get in the power band, my don't even begin getting going till about 3200-3400rpm and my turbo is a t3/t4 turbonetics 57 trim with the .82 exhaust but i have 4.10 gears too, and a lightweight steel flywheel 6 pounds so those to help make up the difference usually in most casses when you want horsepower you lose a little on bottom mine does a little but i have that 500 lift ets cam it takes a minute to get going but when it does pulls like a muther.

hey jay g

Try putting some race gas in it, that will quit the pinging and take another try at the dyno it should do better usually in most cases you can only push so much boost on pump gas and if the gas is no good that would definately do.

too eric

Well one way or another it will be fun hooking up with everybody again and having a good time, i was glad to meet everyone and i hope you do get some mods done it's always fun to go faster!!

Re: hey jay g

Originally posted by SR71-SVO
    Try putting some race gas in it, that will quit the pinging and take another try at the dyno it should do better usually in most cases you can only push so much boost on pump gas and if the gas is no good that would definately do.
    You're right, but I'm use to using Sunoco unleaded on road race gas rated at 95 octane and never had any pinging issues with the car so I was caught off guard a bit. I put a/b a gallon of touline in the tank Saturday afternoon and had no pinging during the auto-x running 20#'s. But it wont happen again as Im gonna upgrade the alcohol injection on my Buick and put the old injection kit on the SVO. That way I can run pump gas and high boost with no pinging issues.
    "Team Cobra Kai"

JAY G

How's it going jay g, i was wondering what type of injection kit you were refering too im interested what's ya done to the buick.I know when i went to the dyno i had a 3 gallons of 100 octane leaded in the car and with my sds it was helpful in making shure it was not pinging but i was between 18-20psi.

Im using the SMC kit. Its from an out fit in Ky. Its boost activated and has andjustable spray on dail and adj. pump speed. As far as the Buick its still mostly stock..turbo, 28#inj., computer. Im at 21#s w/ 93 octane and 7* retard. Im trapping 84mph in the 1/8 and 1.89 60ft time with Drag radials w/3#'s of boost of the line. I still have some work to do on the rear brakes so i can get more boost. I should be hittin' 1.7 60 ft times.
    "Team Cobra Kai"

That all sounds pretty good how well does that smc thingy work have not seen to much info on that kinda stuff,buick sounds good to.