PDA

View Full Version : The "Thank You" thread

Laredo
10-18-2010, 10:12 AM
BOD - for all the work into setting up the event. Another successful year! Had a great time, met some new people, got to know some others better.
Sounds like some new and fun events are in the works for next year.

Steve/Alex - for lending a hand with the hood cable replacement.

Joe T - for the battery hold-down

Alex / Tom Leslie - use of the tools

Buttah - for the sun-screen on Saturday

Alex - for the mini "Quarterhorse 101" demo

Tim/Jay/Dave S - for the auto-x tips

Sponsors - Thank you!!!!

svogimp - Great photos!

I'm sure I missed some, so...thanks everyone for a fun weekend!!! :cheers:

rschonegg
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
THANKS to all for the welcome back/home hand shakes that I received after coming late to the Reunion on Friday night. I appreciated all the well wishes before, during, and after my deployment to Afghanistan. The man hug that I got from Gator....did someone get a pic of that ????? ;)

and DITTO on Laredo's thanks to the BOD and the Sponsors !!!!

DRAGPAK
10-18-2010, 11:56 AM
I want to thank all the sponsors for all the door prizes .and the bod for a great show will return next year maybe with two svos.

Dave S
10-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Obviously, thanks to the BOD for all their work.

Thanks to all those that brought their cars out, or just came to hang out and see the cars. Without all the participants, it wouldn't have happened.

Thanks to the Central Kentucky Region SCCA for hosting the autocross on Sunday.

Oh, almost forgot....thanks to the corner workers who had to endure the aroma from "poop mountain".

scubastevesvo
10-18-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks to the BOD for making my first reunion a great experience and for all the work they do planning and organizing the event!

Thank you Dave S for the auto-x ride along and pointers!

Thanks Gator for reminding me so many times of my somewhat inebriated pre-auto-x over confidence!

Thanks to all the new faces I got to meet to match up with names!

I had a great time and I definitely plan on returning!

Dave S
10-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Thank you Dave S for the auto-x ride along and pointers!

Jacob,
Glad I was of some help.
Keep April and May 2011 weekends open as that is when the KYSCCA has their autocross school; LOTS of seat time and a points event the following day!
PM me after the beginning of the year for the exact dates.
Dave

DAVEZ84SVO
10-18-2010, 10:41 PM
Thanks to the BOD & all that where involved in setting up another AWESOME reunion!!

And to Bruce for letting me drive his car!!

Dave

NinjaBOY
10-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Many thanks to the BOD and sponsors for all their hard work and donations.

The SVOCA Reunion is an event I try to make it to every year because I have such a great time. More than anything, I think its the people who participate and make this club what it is. The cars are great, but the people here at the SVOCA are what make this club and the event outstanding.

Hope to make it out again next year!!!

High Roller
10-19-2010, 11:45 AM
I won't get all sentimental and mushy like I usually do after the reunion, so I'll just say thanks to everybody. If I start trying to list everyone, I know someone will get missed, but I do want to give a special thanks to the BOD, the sponsors, and above all the SVOCA members. You guys are the greatest!
I'll see ya'll in 2011.

thomp22
10-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Thank you everyone! It took you all to make it an Awesome time! There were a few who put the icing on the cake....see you in 2011.

JTurbo
10-19-2010, 07:36 PM
What else is there to say but "thanks". Great 2010 Reunion!

Alex L
10-19-2010, 07:52 PM
thanks to the BOD, the sponsers, the people.

thanks to dave s to pointing out the errors in my turbo selection... ;)

Gator
10-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Hey Guys, I just wanted to add my 2cents here as well.

Thank You to all that attended. No joke but i have seen a whole lotta SVO's...been to a whole lotta car-shows and been to a few auto-x's in my time...but i always come back for the people. Its just a great time year after year.

Thank you to our sponsors:

Forced 4: www.forced4.com

Bo-port : www.bo-port.com

Maximum Motorsport: www.maximummotorsports.com

Esslinger: www.esslingeracing.com

Bishop Equipment: www.bagofdoosh.com

Pat in LA: www.dewars.com/lda/

Webber Grills: www.weber.com

Please do forgive me if I have missed anyone. Its been a long road to recovery for me so far !!

My only regret is that I didnt get the chance to say Hello to everyone nor Goodbye to most. It was truly a great time. I could not have honestly found a better group to lower my standards with...and thats saying alot !!

svobud
10-20-2010, 09:13 AM
Please do forgive me if I have missed anyone. Its been a long road to recovery for me so far !!

Paul and SVPU; www.svpu.com

Rick Singer; either www.1985haircutsRus.com or www.eweMeandAgoat.com

Bob Tweedy; PM him here

Tom Leslie; PM him here

Ken Potter; PM him here ... AND .. continue to harass him til he shows up to another Reunion.

Laredo
10-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Please do forgive me if I have missed anyone. Its been a long road to recovery for me so far

Evergreen Turbo - http://www.evergreenturbo.com/

DRAGPAK
10-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Rick Singer; either www.1985haircutsRus.com or www.eweMeandAgoat.com

Your killing me bud ,going to hospital for laughing so hard :cool:

Billibew
10-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Thanks to everyone involved and those that participated. I thoroughly enjoyed the reunion. I really enjoyed being at a car show where I didn't have to explain what the SVO is, and so many in one place was amazing.

Special thanks to Buttah for the ride along in the SCCA event for both me and my wife. We loved it.

Thanks for all the compliments on my car. Coming from SVO owners and enthusiasts, they meant a lot more.

ledfoot
10-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks to the BOD and anyone else who made things happen (except Gator) and for another great weekend. Thank you to all that laughed at my tomfoolery and for not calling the cops, white coats, probation, fire dept. or my wife. Its good to get away and let loose with a group of great people (except Gator) who now how to have fun. Can't wait till next year...

indiana dave
10-22-2010, 08:07 AM
I didn't go this year. Only one I've missed other than the 2 years it was held in Alabama. Other things have taken priority this year, but I truly did miss seeing all of you, and the antics, jokes, bench racing, parking lot repairs, alcohol consumption, making fun of Gator, etc.... any mini-bike races or anything this year?
Richard... Haven't seen you since you've been back.
Here's my "virtual pat on the back" and "Thanks for your service!"
I hope to... no... WILL work on the car this winter and WILL be at next years Reunion!

Thanks to the Club and BOD and Sponsors that make it a great event every year!

Gator
10-22-2010, 08:27 AM
I truly did miss....making fun of Gator,

There is a diff between making fun of and joking with.

We make fun of you.

People joke with me.

See the diff ?

Hope to see ya next year !

indiana dave
10-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Aah. OK.... I only wonder what was said about me when I wasn't there.

svobud
10-22-2010, 09:51 AM

No worries, it was the same stuff said about you when you are there. :doh:

DAVEZ84SVO
10-22-2010, 12:00 PM

Laughing so much it hurts!!!! :thumb::thumb:

Dave

rschonegg
10-22-2010, 03:27 PM

ah the usual... rehashing the past memories of your reunion entrances and the impromptu tech sessions we get to see at the Autocross every year....

there are many Daves in the Club yet when we talk about Dave... the first thing asked is...You mean Indiana Dave?.....

Laughing so much it hurts!!!! :thumb::thumb:

Dave

it hurts, lemme tell ya....

indiana dave
10-22-2010, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=rschonegg;244741]
there are many Daves in the Club yet when we talk about Dave... the first thing asked is...You mean Indiana Dave?.....QUOTE]
Aw shucks... You like me... You really like me...

It's kinda funny. I've gotten pretty well known, and well liked in the mountain biking world (here locally anyway) also... My handle is the same on the Hoosier Mountainbiking site.
They see my old rescued and rebuilt Trek, and ask if I'm Indiana Dave. Much like you all used to recognize my car with the faded paint and red primered hood pulling in to the hotel...

It's kind funny. Back before my car was pretty, it ran great and I beat the hell out of it.
Now that it's painted, and looking good, I can't keep it on the road.