PDA

View Full Version : Mustang 50th Anniversary Rally Event - Chicago Area

svono50
04-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Hey, looks like Ford is coordinating a rally event in the Chicago area this coming Saturday (4/19). My local car club was notified of the event and here is what they had to say about it:

For those that are not able to participate in the anniversary events in Charlotte there is a local event for you. It will begin at Rod Baker Ford in Plainfield. The caravan will begin at 10 AM where you will be given Mustang goodies. The caravan will leave and cruise to Al Piemonte Ford in Melrose Park. Once we arrive at our destination in Melrose Park, we will be having a cookout and a cruise type of event with hoods open and music playing.

Nothing fancy, but about 10 or so cars from my local club are participating...weather permitting of course. If anyone wants to join up with us, let me know. If you just want to drop by one of the dealerships, that would be cool too.

svono50
04-23-2014, 12:49 PM
Quick update, as I have to pull the pics off my camera yet, so I will post later. We had an awesome weather day on Saturday and I even got a bit of a sunburn from roaming around the lot too much I guess. Between the two local clubs invited we ended up with 74 Mustangs showing up at the final dealership. There were a handful of 64.5-70 Mustangs, one Mustang II, three Foxes (including mine), handful of SN-95's and the rest being the 05-present S197's. Food was good and free, salesmen were social and both our clubs got along very well and made some new friends...can't ask for a better time.

svono50
04-23-2014, 11:26 PM
Downloaded my pics, less than I thought, but no big deal. Enjoy.

First rally point dealership (Rod Baker Ford - Plainfield) with SGMFC member's cars:
43283 43284

Couple of display cars in the Rod Baker showroom:
43285 43286

Fun plate by one of the female Mustang owners:

Row of CMC member's cars:

Second rally point dealership (Al Piemonte Ford - Melrose Park) 74 total Mustangs in all:
43289 43290

Yep, a real 69 GT500 owned by one of my fellow club members, just 1 of 3 Shelby's in his collection:

Another fellow club member's car, he is the original owner of this car with ~220K miles on the clock: