PDA

View Full Version : Free Car Show - Friendly Ford; Saturday, August 9th

svono50
07-02-2014, 11:19 PM
This is the annual car show/fundraising event for my local car club, Stallions Gate Mustang & Ford Club. Funds raised through a 50/50 raffle, prize raffle and a silent auction will be donated to our chosen charity, Operation Support Our Troops (http://www.osotamerica.org/). We were invited by the staff at Friendly Ford in Roselle, IL to participate in their yearly customer appreciation show. Here are some additional details to the event:

Location: Friendly Ford, 333 Irving Park Rd, Roselle, IL 60172
Show fee: Free!
Show times: 9am-3:30pm

Show registration begins at 9:00am and ends at 12pm. Awards will be done at 3:30pm. This is a FREE SHOW TO THE PARTICIPANTS and food and beverages will be on sight. The normal turn out is about 175 cars. Hopefully some of you can drop by and either participate or just say HI! It would be awesome if we could get a few SVO's onto the lot!! I will be working the show and likely not be near my own car, but you can ask around and I am sure someone will be able to point you in my general location at the time.

MIKESVO
07-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Cool, thanks for the info Ted. We'll see if we can make it.
Mike

svono50
08-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Just a reminder about this show, it is this coming Saturday. Drop by and say HI if you can.

svono50
08-13-2014, 01:16 PM
Mike, I hope I didn't miss you at the show, but I was virtually a moving target the entire day. If anyone else came by looking for me, I appologize to them as well. We ended up having a great day at the event and raised a nice sum of $$ for OSOT! I will post up some pics tonight, but there was a great mix of cars ranging from a cluster of Model A's to 2014's. There were 6 Fox Mustangs on hand; one 79, my 86, three 90's and a 92. The 79 was a 'survivor' with only 42K on the clock, sporting a 2.8L V6 with an auto, certainly an 'oddball' version to have been put away in a barn. I will likely see this car again in a couple of weeks at another show, as the owner is a member of a neighboring Mustang club that we are planning on attending. Heck, we even had three Mustang II's on the lot, with two of them Cobra II models. I almost thought something might collapse in the universe with that pairing (ha, ha).

svono50
08-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Here are a couple pics of the Foxes in attendance, one left the lot before I could snap some pics, but it was a 90 'notch with a healthy sounding supercharged motor, but never opened his hood and only hung around for about an hour. I was wrong on the 79 Mustang, it only has 37K on the clock, sheesh! Enjoy.

Gorgeous 90 'notch with a lot of upgraded goodies:

92 hatch dressed as a Cobra clone:

90 hatch with a lot of mods, some good some bad:

79 hatch 'survivor' with 37K on the clock and a 2.8L V6 :

77 Cobra II and local club member (yes, that is mine hiding next to it):

77 Cobra II in 'polar white' w/blue that was way clean:

Ford Builder
08-14-2014, 03:34 AM
Thanks for sharing your pictures, I still like the Mustang II's

svono50
08-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Glad you enjoyed. The black/gold II is likely getting a new power plant this winter. The owner got clearance from his accounting dept (aka-Wife) to upgrade the 135hp 5.0L that currently resides under the hood. He mentioned a 306ci crate motor along with an upgraded tranny. I think he is leaning toward the X302 motor, which is a full on assembled long block with intake/carb/dizzy all there. It would certainly give his car some real get up and go!