PDA

View Full Version : Reunion 2014

SVOeric
08-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Here is the first 'official' announcement that the 2014 Reunion is ON!! It is back up in Kentucky this year. A few details are left to fill in, but the hard stuff is done.

Dates: October 17-19
Hotel: Hampton Inn Richmond; 1099 Barnes Mill Road; Richmond, KY 40475; 859-626-1002; block of rooms under SVO Club of America; $97.75/night
Friday: *Looking for suggestions, let us know what you may want to do!
Saturday: Car show, site TBD
Sunday: Auto-x w/Central Kentucky Region SCCA @ Legends Stadium in Lexington

We have a block of rooms under at the Hampton Inn, Just mention SVOCA. All rooms are 2-queen beds, non-smoking. They had 20 total rooms available in the hotel for that weekend. Just mention our club name when making your reservations. The block will be released on 9/17, so keep that in mind. If we end up booking the Hampton Inn up, the recommended 'overflow' hotel would be the Quality Inn or the Holiday Inn Express, both are within a block of the Hampton Inn.

Friday's activity(s) are open right now. We have been tossing around a couple of ideas, but would like to hear from you folks what you may or may not want to do, so please speak up. (We are starting a separate thread) We were feeling that the dyno day may be a bit long in the tooth, but if enough of you want it, we can certainly work on it. The 'scenic' cruise last year in Alabama was a real winner in my book, so we could also consider a Kentucky version too.

Saturday's car show site is still be determined, working several angles on different places, but it will be within 5 miles of the hotel.

Sunday's event will be with the CKRSCCA group at their Fall Fun Event and we are invited to participate. Standard auto-x event as in the past up in Lexington, but at a new location that we haven't run at in the past, it is at the Lexington Legends Stadium in the North-East quadrant of Lexington or about 29 minutes up the road from the hotel.

Registration will be open shortly, but SVOCA Club Members attend free, non-members is $30 (price of membership)

Auto-cross is an additional fee, paid directly to SCCA.

MAPSVO
08-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Got my room, used Hilton points, a good deal:thumb:

GAboySVO
08-26-2014, 09:09 PM
Eric,

Is there an official sign up page? I'll be there.

SvoTy
08-28-2014, 11:35 AM
Just booked the room for Thursday thru Monday.
They have limited rooms so you do not need to wait around.

SVOeric
08-28-2014, 10:04 PM
'official' sign-up page will be setup shortly... sorry guys, it would already be done, but work is rather nasty right now.
I wanted to make sure we got on everyone's calenders before time ran out tho.

svono50
09-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Only a week left on the block of rooms (ends 9/17), so if you haven't got your room already don't dilly-dally much longer.

High Roller
09-10-2014, 02:59 PM
It doesn't look like we will be able to attend this year. Because of my mother's health, I don't feel like we should be out of town for any length of time. This will be the first reunion since the second one that we will miss, but it can't be helped. We will sure miss hanging out with ya'll, and will be thinking of you. I hope everyone has a great time and hopefully we'll be back next year.

svono50
09-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Perry, sorry to hear of the news, we will certainly miss you and Peggy! Direct family first, so I can certainly understand your need to stay put. We will save a spot for you and have a drink...or two, for you. See you next year then.

svono50
09-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Only a couple of days left on the block of rooms (till 9/17), so make sure you grab one while still available. BTW, they may give an additional discount if you are booking it just for yourself (i.e.- 1 person)...just ask the person you book with. :thumb:

unicorn
09-18-2014, 08:57 PM
I shall be there if nothing happens, and should have my friends 84 ready to go if it goes well.
Tony

rschonegg
09-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Eric, how do I renew my membership? I'm going to come to the reunion. I am deploying again soon to the sandbox.

Richard

SVOeric
09-28-2014, 02:50 PM
same as always, send a check, or email me, and we'll setup pay-pal.

svono50
09-29-2014, 01:15 PM
Oh, only 18 days left till the official start of the 2014 Reunion...17 if you count my early departure down. :spin:

unicorn
09-29-2014, 08:29 PM
I am pretty amp up. Just checked u-joints, new rear end grease/additive, and have a windshield coming tomorrow. After that a little rtv on the cam bolt (somebody forgot that), and a few little nick-nacks and I am ready for some shine. Any idea how many bodies are coming this year?
Tony

svono50
09-30-2014, 11:47 PM
Not sure how many folks will be showing up...unfortunately without a registration page it is hard to tell. We generally have good turnouts for the Kentucky area Reunions, 2014 should hopefully follow suit.

SVOMARK
10-01-2014, 04:22 PM
Just got off the phone with Ty. The Colonel and I may try to attend. It's kind of quick notice but who knows we may be able to work it out.

svono50
10-01-2014, 10:24 PM
That would be awesome to see the both of you there! Been a while for sure, drop us a note when you head out so we can keep an eye open for you two.

Chris Hadden
10-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Sorry Guys won't be making it this year. Silver car is still in boxes and I have 2 kids with birthdays that weekend. Maybe next year. I will miss seeing everyone, hope all goes well. Post lots of pics for me .:(

svono50
10-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Sorry Guys won't be making it this year. Silver car is still in boxes and I have 2 kids with birthdays that weekend. Maybe next year. I will miss seeing everyone, hope all goes well. Post lots of pics for me .:(

A) We can get her running, we have the technology and B) I am up for some B-day cake and a party!!

SVORob
10-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Wow just found out about this I will try to stop by for sure. It will be good to see old friends. My Svo is in pieces so I will be solo

Ken Potter
10-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Once again I won't be there due to family problems and some other things. Have fun.

kiwi
10-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Put it back together Rob!!

Chris Hadden
10-09-2014, 08:13 PM
We will be there next year. Maybe we can get a little more of a heads up, if all goes well I will have both cars to bring.

svono50
10-09-2014, 08:53 PM
We will be there next year. Maybe we can get a little more of a heads up, if all goes well I will have both cars to bring.

That would be great if you could bring both out and we will hold a spot for y'all. No problem, looks like we should have an earlier announcement for 2015...

unicorn
10-09-2014, 09:38 PM
any ideas as to where the show will be on saturday? It is getting pretty close.

TTop Dave
10-09-2014, 10:47 PM
If I can get the Silver State car put back together I should be there with 2 cars.

MAPSVO
10-12-2014, 03:33 PM
I had to cancel my stay on Sat. night, can now only to come to the show for the one day, only problem is It has not been announced where the show will be, does anyone have any information?

Thanks
Mark

svono50
10-12-2014, 10:55 PM
Eric should be able to announce Monday (10/13), he is due one last approval (i.e.- landlord) for the show location. The businesses at the location are on board for the show. Sorry for the delay folks.

Mark, sorry to hear you can only make it for the single day. Don't worry, we will have a location to point you to very soon.

MAPSVO
10-13-2014, 05:58 AM
I figured it would be announced, my back up plan was to show up at the Hampton early on Sat and go from there.

On a different subject (sort of). I have driven past the new motorsports complex on the east side of I65 at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green KY a couple of times lately. You can see parts of the road course from the interstate. And I can tell you those guys are doing some serious road racing. Yesterday I saw a bunch of different kinds of cars including a new Boss 302 going around the track.

Bowling Green might make a interesting place for a SVO gathering to include some track time maybe-just a thought. It might be cost prohibitive, but sure would be fun I'm thinkin.

svono50
10-13-2014, 01:10 PM
I will make sure the front counter of the Hampton has info on the specific show location, if anyone doesn't catch the announcement here. Hate to have anyone head to the hotel and can't find the show or whatever else we are doing at that particular time!

The new Corvette museum track does look interesting, you can see quite a few videos out on YouTube already of folks that have been on there. The front straight is just bonkers long, but it was designed to mimic various tracks from around the world for the factory sponsored Corvette racing team to practice and try suspension/engine/aero setups on too.

Mark, from MVP Track Time, has a track day planned at that track next April if anyone from the area wants to try it out. Bit too far for me that early in the season. Mark and his instructors are a great group of folks, he does post up on our forum here a couple of times a year. I have attended ~6 events with his crew and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. His prices are very reasonable for a track day as compared to other groups. A schedule of events can be seen here: http://www.mvptracktime.com/.

We are working on a location or two that could possibly get us on a road course for reasonable $$ during the future Reunion events...keep tuned for announcements.

rschonegg
10-13-2014, 01:58 PM
Ill be there for Saturday, my big fix before the drive was an Oh Crap find. Of the 4 bolts that hold the drive shaft to the rear-end, one was missing, one was tight, and 2 where finger turnable. NO WONDER I had a vibration above 40 MPH. I keep thanking my brother for having a lift in his garage.

svono50
10-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Wow, good thing you caught that before heading down!! Even if that wouldn't have let completely loose, some sever damage could have still occurred. See you there.

SVOeric
10-13-2014, 08:00 PM
damn, who am I making fun of during the auto-x without skittles!

rschonegg
10-13-2014, 09:16 PM
damn, who am I making fun of during the auto-x without skittles!

I'll see if I can at least donate a bag of Skittles for the winners circle. Maybe douse the winner in Skittles. I may have just started a tradition :rolleyes:

On a side note. I was away for a week of Air Force training for my upcoming Deployment. My wife surprised me with a set of brand new tires on the SVO while was away. She's now a keeper, and so is my wife....... and to think, I was thinking of selling her...

SVOeric
10-13-2014, 09:25 PM
new tires (bought by the wife) and you're still not auto-x'ing ... DANG DUDE... who's representin the 'diana

rschonegg
10-14-2014, 02:40 AM
new tires (bought by the wife) and you're still not auto-x'ing ... DANG DUDE... who's representin the 'diana

I see what you are trying to do, and it just might work.. Lol

SVOeric
10-14-2014, 03:09 PM
well come on !!!

Auto-x course is on a much slicker surface this year (and more open lot)... it limits how much racing tires help. Should be an interesting year!

rschonegg
10-14-2014, 03:41 PM
well come on !!!

Auto-x course is on a much slicker surface this year (and more open lot)... it limits how much racing tires help. Should be an interesting year!

The wife reminded me that I will need to be able to drive home in the SVO.....

SVOeric
10-14-2014, 05:18 PM
slicker surface, means less wear and tear on the car.

dont challenge me on this, I can do this all day

svono50
10-14-2014, 08:15 PM
Seriously Rich, no more challenging or tough on your car than flogging it on the interstate!! I will jump on this bandwagon as well. Only potential issue is if you try and drive like this 19yr old did with a boosted FWD car with a virtually solid suspension...hmmm, wonder why he bounced across the lot and found the concrete base of the light pole...hmmm...

rschonegg
10-14-2014, 08:36 PM
Seriously Rich, no more challenging or tough on your car than flogging it on the interstate!! I will jump on this bandwagon as well. Only potential issue is if you try and drive like this 19yr old did with a boosted FWD car with a virtually solid suspension...hmmm, wonder why he bounced across the lot and found the concrete base of the light pole...hmmm...

Okay lets turn tho into a financial argument. Autocrossing on Sunday means a hotel charge, autocross charge, more fuel, and more food... :)

SVOeric
10-14-2014, 09:40 PM
cheapest auto-x we've done in years, (normally 50, for a club only run, this year is only 35, and 25 if you're already a scca member)
food, you have to eat somewhere anyway, if it's a big problem bring bologna, that may be what I'm doing too, as October is the month all 5 of my vehicles taxes are due.
hotel, yeah, that's the ONLY one there's no good excuse for, but we only do this once a year.
Come on splurge a little. I shouldn't have to twist your arm this hard, once you're on the course, you'll be glad you stayed. It's for sure the most fun you can have with $35

Speaking of which, you heard from Rick Singer, is he coming down ?

rschonegg
10-15-2014, 04:45 AM
cheapest auto-x we've done in years, (normally 50, for a club only run, this year is only 35, and 25 if you're already a scca member)
food, you have to eat somewhere anyway, if it's a big problem bring bologna, that may be what I'm doing too, as October is the month all 5 of my vehicles taxes are due.
hotel, yeah, that's the ONLY one there's no good excuse for, but we only do this once a year.
Come on splurge a little. I shouldn't have to twist your arm this hard, once you're on the course, you'll be glad you stayed. It's for sure the most fun you can have with $35

Speaking of which, you heard from Rick Singer, is he coming down ?

Sounds like a deal that i can't pass up. I talk to Rick about once a week. I'll get in touch with him to see if I can get him to come for the Autocross.

svono50
10-15-2014, 01:05 PM
Rich, let Rick know that the Silver State SVO is a little under the weather and could use his 'healing' hands. :thumb:

High Roller
10-15-2014, 01:29 PM
I sure am going to miss hanging out with ya'll this weekend. I hope everybody has a great time. Have fun,be safe, stay semi-sober, don't fall down, take lots of pictures, and most of all, HAVE FUN!

rschonegg
10-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Rich, let Rick know that the Silver State SVO is a little under the weather and could use his 'healing' hands. :thumb:

I texted Rick the above plea for help.

SVOeric
10-15-2014, 04:34 PM
I sure am going to miss hanging out with ya'll this weekend. I hope everybody has a great time. Have fun,be safe, stay semi-sober, don't fall down, take lots of pictures, and most of all, HAVE FUN!
Sorry to hear that Perry, take care, and we will miss you.

rschonegg
10-15-2014, 09:23 PM
I was just reminded that my Grandson's birthday party is at 1:00pm on Sunday. Dangit. I will be coming down very early Saturday and leaving late Saturday night. its a 3 hour drive from Indy.:(

SVOeric
10-15-2014, 09:26 PM
dang, well you're off the hook if Dragpack comes

kiwi
10-15-2014, 09:41 PM
3 hours....

SvoTy
10-15-2014, 10:21 PM
Just finished packing up the car and realized I almost forgot my helmet......

Don't forget your helmet.....

Can't wait to see everyone!

SvoTy
10-15-2014, 10:24 PM

Man Perry I was holding out hope that you would be able to come!

I mean you are the life of the party! It wont be the same without Ms. Peggy getting mad at us for keeping you out late!

svono50
10-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Just packing up some last minute things for my trip down, should be pulling into SVO Central ~7:30 EST or so after a short stop on the way down. Great tip from Ty on the helmet, but since I forgot mine one local auto-x event, I have been a bit more diligent about grabbing it. Luckily that time the event was only 3.5 miles from my house and my wife ran it over...knew I married her for some reason...;) Nobody, but nobody can perform a 'downward dog' dismount like Perry, that is for sure!! Weather is a bit cloudy and some light misting here, should be clearing up as I head south though. See some of you later today!!

SVOeric
10-16-2014, 05:03 PM
Reunion attendees, MAKE SURE you take exit 87, NOT exit 90 coming into Richmond. 90 has some nasty construction going on, you dont want to get your car (or truck and trailer) in that mess.

Ken Potter
10-16-2014, 05:45 PM
So where are the pics already? :)

svono50
10-16-2014, 10:33 PM
No pics, too dark...unless you are talking about Eric at Hooters?? I am sure we will have something tomorrow. My normal 6.5-7 hr trip turned into a 10.25 hr trip down, sheesh! Darn construction on I-65 just north of Louisville was a real time buster, took me 6.5 hr just to get into Louisville. I will be taking a different route home for sure.

MAPSVO
10-17-2014, 05:15 PM
Car show location? anybody

Chris Hadden
10-18-2014, 11:51 AM
I need pics!!!!!!

rschonegg
10-18-2014, 02:41 PM
http://1drv.ms/1y3BH3V

its a Microsoft OneDrive link to my Public folder for the SVOCA pics

kiwi
10-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Good pics Rich

rschonegg
10-19-2014, 09:07 PM
my OneDrive link has a few more pics in it now. parking lot shots after the show and shine.

svono50
10-20-2014, 07:50 PM
I, for one, had a great weekend!! I hope everyone else who attended and/or stopped by did too. Weather was perfect Friday and Sunday, but we did end up getting sprinkled on a little past mid-way through the show on Saturday and had to bring the tail end of the event back to the hotel. I think the conference room was a bit nicer way to hand out the awards and raffle prizes anyway.

Friday's event turned out to be a 'rescue' event for Dave's Silver State SVO rather than a day-trip. Hey, what Reunion would be complete without time spent getting a fellow SVO owner's car back to running condition. The SSCS gave all of us quite the challenge to finally discover all the issues that were preventing it from starting and running. Luckily some other attendees had the necessary spare parts to bring the SSCS back to life and the picture thread shows proof of this with Dave winging it around the auto-x event on Sunday!! Dave's smile at the end of Friday was certainly priceless.

As you can probably tell, I did make it home today in good order. My 433 mile trek home took 7 hours flat with no incidents other than a section of my protective tape peeling up after one of the two bouts of rain I ran into on the way home. A quick stop and selective removal was all that was needed to prevent having any more peel off. I am glad to be back home after a few days spending time with 'old' SVO friends and making some new ones this year.

Again, thanx to everyone who was able to attend this past weekend!! :cheers:

kiwi
10-20-2014, 10:43 PM
Just got home 20min ago....

TTop Dave
10-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Just want to say the Wife and I had a AWESOME time this weekend at the reunion. I also want to Thank everyone for all the help on Friday getting the SSC car running. Of the reunions I have had the chance to attend, this one by far was the best. Once again I can't thank you guys enough for all the help.

Signed
KING David

unicorn
10-20-2014, 11:52 PM
yeah, oh and go ole miss!

SVOPaul
10-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks everyone for coming out...with or without SVO....Had a blast and it was great seeing everyone again. I took a chance with the teal SVO considering I JUST finished putting it together after sitting for 3 1/2 years waiting for me to get time to put it back together after the Tornado damage and it never let me down and ran flawlessly. So many good times like Dave yelling out support for LSU in a room full of Kentucky Fans...The way they cheered on a first down made you think they scored. Overall...great time, great friends....Only 9 months till the next Reunion!

roberto2000
10-21-2014, 12:17 PM
9 months.....please elaborate

svono50
10-21-2014, 01:24 PM
9 months.....please elaborate

Details should be quickly forthcoming over here: http://www.svoca.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?58-SVOCA-Reunion-2015

SVOPaul
10-21-2014, 06:15 PM
Yes, details are coming very soon....You won't want to miss this one!

GAboySVO
10-21-2014, 10:14 PM
Thanks to the BODs for pulling it all together. Had a great time this year as always. I'll see you guys in July 2015 for sure!

MAPSVO
10-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone involved for the reunion last week. I enjoyed meeting everyone even if I could only come for the show on Sat. I have already made my hotel reservations for Alabama next year, can't wait.

mark

SVOeric
10-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Was great to see you Mark...

We should try to meet up with some others (caravan) down to Birmingham next year.

Congratz on first place in the 86 class!

MAPSVO
10-22-2014, 06:26 PM
Sounds like a plan to me. I think Alex (Black 86) will be going also. We will work on that for sure.

thomp22
11-01-2014, 10:12 PM
Would have been cool to make it. Maybe next year.

SVOeric
11-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Tim, next year details are already posted. Make your plans now, we did miss you guys this year.