Thinking aloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking aloud

I am leaving next week (7/10-7/18/21) for vacation, but when I get back, I would like to gauge the interest in my (2) 84 SVO's. One was a daily driver for years and is rough, but still solid and has about 203,000 miles. Estimated, due to speedometer malfunction for awhile and it was missing entire gauge cluster on several test drives. The other is in relatively good condition, but has a few parts removed and in storage (read broken bi-plane). It has about 85,000 original miles and gets driven 1-2 times per year in the parking lot next to my house. A little more info...the high mileage unit is black with what remains of the leather interior and has the sunroof option. The other is gray with cloth and also sunroof. Both are earlier models w/o quad shock suspension. They both still have the factory oil-cooled turbos(rebuilt in the black one at about 165,000 miles).
    I was looking to get about $4-4500 for them both as a package deal, but would appreciate them going to someone who knows what they are and would be willing to take them in, since most of the offers I get are from people who want to cannibalize them or sacrilegiously drop a bow-tie motor in them.
    Anyway, I look forward to whatever interest I may receive and I will hopefully be able to post a few current pics when I return from vacation.

What state are you in?

Comment

I am in KY, just a few miles outside of Louisville.

Comment

could you post some pics ?

I'm in KY also (the better part, south of Lexington) -- not interested, as my stable is full, but can offer suggestions on what they might be worth.

There's also a guy in Goshen that's big into SVOs.
        Eric C
        SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

Yes, I am aware of a few around. I am busy with work, but will try to get some posted soon.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

These are from spring/summer of 2020. There is little change, other than they have more dirt/mildew on some parts.

Comment

Pics from today 7/22/21.
                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Sorry if this doesn’t come through correctly. Trying to post from my phone (pics) and it keeps locking up, so I cannot tell what I have posted. I’ll try to send to my PC, resize and post.

Comment

Working...
                    X