No announcement yet.

Things to do BEFORE the Reunion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting close to my leave date (Wednesday evening after work) and getting ready! Last weekend had to perform a quick emergency wastegate valve fix, since my track day seized up my valve yet again, but all is good for the trip down. Car is cleaned up and gone over for fluid and tire pressure checks. Started gathering up my travel items to pack into the car, main item left is to tape her up...some of you folks know what I am referring to Looking forward to seeing folks this coming weekend!
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

I am glad sometimes that my car isn't as clean as yours. I have fluids up and a driveshaft arranged for delivery at the reunion. I put it on the trailer, packed my bags today and am ready for Wednesday morning departure. All that's left is registering for the autocross.
      Bruce

Comment

Well I missed the Winged Warrior Reunion this past weekend, too busy in the shop to work on the Old Cyclone BUT...I got the SVO out and added new tires....yes, you read that right....while not race tires I'm using the "cheaty" tires guys are using in Lemons racing so no more drifting displays at the Reunion Autocross for me (hopefully). After 19 years the old Victor racers have been scrapped. SO I'm ready.
        SVP Unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by SVOPaul View Post
          Well I missed the Winged Warrior Reunion this past weekend, too busy in the shop to work on the Old Cyclone BUT...I got the SVO out and added new tires....yes, you read that right....while not race tires I'm using the "cheaty" tires guys are using in Lemons racing so no more drifting displays at the Reunion Autocross for me (hopefully). After 19 years the old Victor racers have been scrapped. SO I'm ready.
          Looks like you have no excuses any more...
          Ted
          86 SVO Mustang
          17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Originally posted by svono50 View Post
            Looks like you have no excuses any more...
            Well I'm still competing against guys with full on race tires but I will no longer have to drift the course...lol
            SVP Unlimited

Comment

Originally posted by SVOPaul View Post
              Well I'm still competing against guys with full on race tires but I will no longer have to drift the course...lol
              That hasn't stopped us 'street tire' guys from whoopin' up on said 'race tire' folks has it now!?!
              Ted
              86 SVO Mustang
              17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Originally posted by svono50 View Post
                That hasn't stopped us 'street tire' guys from whoopin' up on said 'race tire' folks has it now!?!
                No, I'm really most curious about the tires I got and how they do because I'm always looking at tire options for the Lemons race since we are limited to a 190 or higher treadwear rating. In the past I've used the Kumho V720 but they last only a day...if that(needed to change the LF in the last 45 minutes on Sat at Barber)...last year I used the Sumitomo tire with a 300 treadwear and was really shocked at how well they did...while quite as sticky as the V720, lap times were not off by much and one set lasted the entire weekend with life left for another practice day...so I used only 4 tires for the entire weekend vs. the usual 8. I also bought a set of Toyo Proxes but only got as far as scrubbing them in, never ran them in competition. The guys running the Federals were fast but they did eat up the tires because they are really soft. So I'm wondering how they will do for autocross as they are certainly inexpensive compared to all the other tire options in this size.
                SVP Unlimited

Comment

Working...
                X