X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reunion 2021 - Official Details

Dates & Locations have been confirmed.
    Dates: September 24-26, 2021
    Friday: *something casual and likely car related.
    Saturday: Show/Shine @ Deicke Park (Huntley, IL)
    Sunday: Auto-X at Windy City BMW Club event

Registration
    Q: How can you put your name on the participant list?
    A: PM the SVOCA the following format;
    • Name/Car Info (year & color) for show card registration
    • Autocross: Yes or No
    • Reunion Entry: SVOCA Members: FREE - Non-Members: $30 (includes 1 year of SVOCA membership)

Host Hotel
    Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago/Hoffman Estates
    2825 Greenspoint Parkway, Hoffman Estates, Illinois, 60169
    P: 847-882-4301
    Website: https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/chi...ffman-estates/
    Google Map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ha...!4d-88.1494424
    We have a block of rooms covering 9/24-9/26 at a rate of $99/night (plus taxes) for either a single King or Double Standard rooms. The room rates are 10% off their 'Flexible Rate', which allows cancellation up to 1 day before arrival. When calling to reserve a room, please mention that you are reserving under the “SVO Club of America” block of rooms to not only get the noted rate, but also check off the room from our block. If you would prefer to book online plug in the code "SVO" into the 'Group Code' box under 'Special Rates' (see below). They will try and get you in a 1st or 2nd floor room with a parking lot view to keep an eye on your SVO if you request it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hampton Inn_code.jpg Views:	0 Size:	64.8 KB ID:	212692

Friday (9/24)
    We will visit a local auto-centric spot and find a nice drive to/from SVO Central. *Details to follow.

Show/Shine (9/25)
    Due to the feedback from 2016, we will have our show within a local show! Don't worry, we are still having our own SVOCA activities/voting/raffle prizes. Plan is to leave SVO Central at 9am to head out to the event and is ~20 miles from SVO Central, so plan accordingly. You don't have to worry about being separated from our group at the show, we will reserve spots for all that are attending.

Auto-X (9/26)
    We will be participating with the Windy City BMW club's Autocross V event. The event will be held at Wintrust Field parking lot (~6 miles from SVO Central). WCBMW is willing to give us a 'block' of auto-x spots along with our own class, very nice of them. You will register online once I work out the details, so keep an eye on this thread.

Registration: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ium-cca-229958

**When registering, choose the "SVO Club Visitors" class and we will be kept together for competition. They will save 8 spots for our club until September 10th, then it will be first come, first served for anyone attending the event, which is capped at 75 participants. They have been regularly hitting that limit, so I am highly encouraging folks to sign up early if they want a spot! As a reminder, they will not have loaner helmets, so anyone attending must bring their own SNELL 2010 SA or M rated helmet (or newer).

General
    This Reunion location is in the NW suburbs of Chicago, right off of I-90 and Barrington Road (Exit 62), so it is easy to access and get almost anywhere in the Chicagoland area. There are a bunch of local shopping and eating establishments. We here at the SVOCA will do our best to make this an enjoyable Reunion for all and hope not only to see some familiar faces, but also make some new friends as well!
    Last edited by svono50; 08-18-2021, 09:58 PM.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Is this the same park we were in the last time?
    Bruce

Comment

That is the plan! I know a lot of local folks around here got a kick out of seeing a gaggle of SVO's. Also, this year's auto-x should be ~15 minutes from the hotel, so just a tad closer than last time...smaller venue, but the proximity can't be beat.
      Ted
      86 SVO Mustang
      17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Can’t wait!!

Comment

Any hotel plans yet?
          Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
            Any hotel plans yet?
            Should have an update this week some time.
            Ted
            86 SVO Mustang
            17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Took longer than expected, but details up top have been updated! Hotel has been chosen, just waiting for a code to reserve within our block of rooms online. If you want to call, you can do that today, just mention that it is for the "SVO Club of America' block. Also posted up info on the auto-x, just waiting on details for online registration with a 'block' of spots they will hold for us. Both the blocks of rooms and auto-x spots will be released 2 weeks prior to the event, so keep that in mind.

Keep watching this thread for updated details.
              Ted
              86 SVO Mustang
              17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

As far as Friday festivities, what time would something be happening? Was considering flying in Thurs eve, and out Monday morning (cheaper tickets).
                -Eric
                85 1C, 85.5 1B
                10 GT Premium
                01 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Originally posted by Erics SVO View Post
                  As far as Friday festivities, what time would something be happening? Was considering flying in Thurs eve, and out Monday morning (cheaper tickets).
                  Probably heading out late morning, so we could be back mid-afternoon.
                  Last edited by svono50; 08-04-2021, 12:35 AM.
                  Ted
                  86 SVO Mustang
                  17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Just updated the hotel info with the 'special code' for online booking, including a quick graphic showing where to enter said code. If you have any booking issues, please let me know and I will work on resolving it for you. Our sales contact has been very good and seems very willing to help make our stay a good one.
                    Ted
                    86 SVO Mustang
                    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Reservations made. I'm flying in on the afternoon of the 23rd, out morning of the 27th. (cheaper fares). Yes, they were very helpful, the number provided above contacted the desk and got me the lower rate for my extra nights with my honors #.
                      Last edited by Erics SVO; 08-06-2021, 05:48 PM.
                      -Eric
                      85 1C, 85.5 1B
                      10 GT Premium
                      01 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Excellent, glad you got all your details worked out...looking forward to seeing you at the Reunion!
                        Ted
                        86 SVO Mustang
                        17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Originally posted by svono50 View Post
                          Excellent, glad you got all your details worked out...looking forward to seeing you at the Reunion!
                          Hell, yeah. Been a looong time since I've done anything with you guys!
                          -Eric
                          85 1C, 85.5 1B
                          10 GT Premium
                          01 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

Even got a Mustang rental reserved. Does I-90 have any cash toll booths left, or did they go totally cashless like the rest of us?? I'd rather not end up with a rental car tag added to my EZpass... Hell, for that matter are we even gonna travel via I-90?
                            -Eric
                            85 1C, 85.5 1B
                            10 GT Premium
                            01 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

We actually won't have any tollway travelling this year. Yep, everything has gone cashless, strictly plate recognition and online payment for non-Ipass/EZpass transponders. Rental cars typically come with their own transponder, shouldn't have to bring yours along.
                              Ted
                              86 SVO Mustang
                              17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Working...
                              X