Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any magazine collectors (hoarders) out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any magazine collectors (hoarders) out there?

I have decided I need to get rid of some 'clutter' hanging around, which includes more than I remember stacks of Mustang magazines. I have various titles from the late 80's into the early 2000's, which include Super Ford, 5.0 Mustang, 5.0 Mustang & Super Ford, MM&FF, Mustang Monthly, Mustang Illustrated, etc. I surprised myself as I dug through my closet as to just how many I hung onto...go figure!

Is there anyone out there interested in any of these titles, specific issues, etc??

I am asking before I spend any time doing a full inventory, since I have a partial list from a project I started many moons ago and just stopped. I do plan on keeping anything SVO Mustang related, but will offer up anything I have multiples of SVO related, since there is no real need to have more than one copy. Drop a note here or PM me if you have anything you are looking for or may be interested in.
    Ted
    86 SVO Mustang
    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Ted -
    What all do you have Super Ford? My father had a subscription then I took it over. I had some that were water damaged during the great Elmhurst flood.
    Mike
    PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT / Illinois - Taxation w/o Representation!

Comment

Ok Mike, so I kicked in my OCD switch and here is what I have for Super Ford. 131 of 156 possible issues from 1988-2000 that I have located so far. Of the 25 missing: (9) ’88, (2) ’89, (7) ’90, (1) ’91, (1) ’93, (1) ’97 and (4) ’00. Excel makes it easy to tally up numbers. I still need to do a quick scan to see if there are any SVO related articles in there, which I have to believe there has to be something, just don't have it in my index of SVO articles.

Do you know which ones you are missing?

I am sure I will figure out when 5.0 Mustang & Super Ford merged as I go through the 5.0 Mustang issues in my stacks. I did find the last 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords issue was September 2014, as I have the October 2014 issue of MM&FF wrapped in a special cover noting the discontinued 5.0M/SF publication and my remaining subscription issues being transferred to MM&FF.
      Ted
      86 SVO Mustang
      17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Ted -
        I really don't know what I'm missing. I haven't looked at them for over 10 years. I dealt with the mess, saved what I could and put them in storage.
        Mike
        PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT / Illinois - Taxation w/o Representation!

Comment

I also had stacks and stacks of Mustang related magazines as well as Road & Track etc. Also every copy of Mustang Times going back to the early 1980s. I tried to sell some and even give them away for free at shows. People would pick through them and walk away. I ended up recycling practically all of them. I kept some but those may be going away at some point in the near future.

Comment

Mike, if you get a chance let me know soon if there is anything in those date ranges.

Ken, that is likely my end game where I can see if I can blow out my recycling guy's back (ha,ha). I wouldn't do that, just feather them in over a couple weeks or maybe dump a few in each of my neighbor's recycling bins on garbage day...

I figured I would toss out the opportunity if there was anyone on here that had any interest...long shot I know.

The couple vendors that used to be at a local monthly flea market usually only had ads out of magazines and not the whole magazine. Unfortunately most of mine are not old enough to have subject matter that they typically carried, so I know that wasn't an option. Not looking to make any $$ off these, just more for general interest if needed.
            Ted
            86 SVO Mustang
            17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Yep the Mustang Club of America put all of the past issues online so that shot those in the butt. I have a recycling center near my home so I just dumped them there. I'll need to go back through what I have left as they might have advertisements or articles that are about SVOs.

Comment

I finished going through all my stacks and came up with just under 700 issues in total across all titles...shessh!

A couple local folks will be sucking up almost half that count and I have plucked out several issues with SVO & turbo-4 related articles based on a couple lists folks out on the interwebs have listed for articles. I have also found a few additional articles by thumbing through issue indexes. When I get though it all, I will put up here a list of all the various articles that I have now identified, along with others listed out there.

Once this phase is further along, I will tackle my SVO/Ford ad stack, which at least is much, much smaller.
                Ted
                86 SVO Mustang
                17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Originally posted by svono50 View Post
                  I finished going through all my stacks and came up with just under 700 issues in total across all titles...shessh!

A couple local folks will be sucking up almost half that count and I have plucked out several issues with SVO & turbo-4 related articles based on a couple lists folks out on the interwebs have listed for articles. I have also found a few additional articles by thumbing through issue indexes. When I get though it all, I will put up here a list of all the various articles that I have now identified, along with others listed out there.

Once this phase is further along, I will tackle my SVO/Ford ad stack, which at least is much, much smaller.
                  I'm interested in some old foxbody Mustang magazine reading. Care to put together a random package for me? Will need sent here to British Columbia, will pay of course... Thanks!
                  85.5 1E in the house.

Comment

I can certainly do that, will shoot you a PM to work out some details, thanx!
                    Ted
                    86 SVO Mustang
                    17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

My collection needs a clean out too... but it's a little varied!
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20220110_001634757.PORTRAIT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.6 KB ID:	213655
                      Eric C
                      SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

Working...
                      X