85 4e resto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the painting we loaded up the car and brought it back to Bruces house
    only to .....Start sanding once again......This time it was with 2000 grit paper
    just when your car looks its cleanest we start to do this followed by buffing compound which flies and gets everywhere
    Attached Files
    Rob

85 4e

Comment

After all the polishing I brought the car home and installed the interior
      after having the seats repaired for tears at the bolster. All the glass was installed and the exterior trim was painted. I also installed the brake lines wiring harnesses, gastank and exhaust
      Attached Files
      Rob

85 4e

Comment

Right now the car is sitting in the garage at the cottage away from the elements
        I am finishing a convertible currently before I pull out the SVO.

my short list for the SVO
        - complete the intercooler piping (weld bungs for accessories)
        - four wheel alignment and bumpsteer
        - finish wiring for 3g alternator and a coulpe other other connections
        - install windshield trim and rear window trim then rear spoilers
        - Start engine and start programing

I figure a good week and I will be on the road getting the bugs out and tweeking it here and there.
        Rob

85 4e

Comment

Sweet!!! Look's Great. Looks like this years reunion will have another addition. Well Done Rob.
          Tim T
          86 2R #8031

Comment

Most Excellent!

Comment

Looks good what paint did you use

Comment

Originally posted by roberto2000 View Post
                I figure a good week and I will be on the road getting the bugs out and tweeking it here and there.
                It's been over a week, and you failed to submit your TPS report with a coversheet.

Comment

Originally posted by svobud View Post
                  It's been over a week, and you failed to submit your TPS report with a coversheet.
                  Um Yeah..... I am gonna say no to that ....I can't later I have a meeting with the Bobs

I am just wrapping up the convertible and might be going to Carlisle. Then...
                  I am bringing it home
                  Rob

85 4e

Comment

Rob at Carlisle eh!
                    "Specializing in Brut Force and Ignorance."

Comment

Rob, this is nothing short of amazing, especially with the documenting that you are doing! I wish I had the time (and moola) to strip mine down to parade rest like you did and start from scratch. I really, really cant wait to see it!

Comment

The car is now home...I am just doing an inventory of where I left off and what I need to complete.
                        Rear window trim is on now just waiting on upper spoiler stud JB weld to dry
                        then the upper and lower will go on
                        I should have left better notes on what wires to complete to finish it off..
                        It was much clearer in my head last fall.
                        Rob

85 4e

Comment

Originally posted by roberto2000 View Post
                          It was much clearer in my head last fall.
                          It always is. But, knowing you, everything will get worked out just fine.

Comment

Well just a quick update on how it is going before the reunion......
                            I had the car all together and have been driving it to different shows to get some miles er...or kilometers on it to break everything in.
                            I went to the dyno shop the other day to finally get a good tune in it ( it has been very rich ) and to get the driving characteristics somewhat normal ( idle smooth)
                            The guy I went too was very familliar with the Holley unit and was able to switch things and adjust things very fast.
                            we ended up doing 16 pulls on the dyno. We needed to do a few more to finalize things but the 16th pull was our last because the head gasket decided we did too many
                            I had to tow the car home from the shop and got a large chip in the hood from a flying stone. Damn
                            I have just finished getting the car together and am going to start it (after finding a horseshoe clip for the fuel line)
                            I hopefully will be able to get some dyno time in this week and schedule a quick touchup on the hood.

Here is some pics of the Summit Ford show near Toronto
                            Attached Files
                            Rob

85 4e

Comment

The first trip I did in my old 4E resulted in a large ding in the front facia of the hood. Looked like someone had shot it with a pellet. The next day it went back to the paint shop.

Cant wait to see yours in person ... looks pretty darn slick.

Comment

Well I have the car running since the head gasket fiasco.... and I have thursday (tomorrow) booked at the dyno to get the final details ironed out in the tune

So I went out for a drive to insure everything was good and not leaking .....first drive since the tuning ......OH MY.....I was happy with the way it was before the tuning thinking that I was gonna have some fun in this car.
                                WOW the car has a whole new personality kind of like Dr jekyll and Mr hyde you can putz around and just enjoy the sounds and be happy (Hyde) than step into it and she squats and shoots off wagging her tail and pulling hard (jekyll)
                                I REALLY LIKE IT!!! VIVA LA NORTH!!!!!!!
                                Rob

85 4e

Comment

Working...
                                X