Click image for larger version

Name:	60FA8D26-026C-4CE0-BF58-02A4E997BCD3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	182651

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Well I am hoping for some insight on the latest findings....
    After pulling the engine to put in a spare one I have, I opened the original one up

I was having timing issues with the car at the reunion last year ...thought it was the head gasket after checking the compression and setting the timing AND tightening the distributor down TIGHT I was able to drive the car
    Fast forward to today where I have the head off since all this happened for a look see...here is what I found

I took the pictures after spraying some cleaner on them (why they look wet)
    I am able to get the buildup off ...started on #1 just curious what others think????
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pat_in_L.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by SVOeric View Post
    hahah I thought it was the tail pipes rattling
    I thought it was the scotch bottle in the quarter panel!

Leave a comment:

• SVOeric
    replied
    hahah I thought it was the tail pipes rattling

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    I have the rear section of the car out and am working on it at work.....
    what a nightmare the cross pin bolt broke so it has been a pain
    I did find the reason for all the noise from the rear the carrier bearings are shot alot of pitting and galling I am surprised it was not worse

Leave a comment:

• svodad
    replied
    IRS work

Good luck, I was SOOO impressed with the craftmanship you have done on the car and it was a treat to see in person. I can't wait to see the final result this year!

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Hello

Just an update, I just finished getting the last of the packages for the next job on the car. A rear end gear swap. I got a set of Ford Motorsport 4.10 gears, new bearings, clutch packs, outer bearings and seals.
    I have the car on jackstands in the garage and will be swaping out the urethane transmission mount (too hard) for a rubber one and have a balanced driveshaft to put in also.
    I have been experiencing a vibration and clunking in the rear found the backlash was huge so I hope this cures it. It already has all the bushings replaced in the irs
    the rear end was from a cobra that was driven hard

Another issue I have noticed is an oil leak....could be rear main seal??? dont know till I investigate.

Leave a comment:

• SergeantZ
    replied
    Wow, I hope my 4E looks that good one of these days! Beautiful!

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Well I have the car running since the head gasket fiasco.... and I have thursday (tomorrow) booked at the dyno to get the final details ironed out in the tune

So I went out for a drive to insure everything was good and not leaking .....first drive since the tuning ......OH MY.....I was happy with the way it was before the tuning thinking that I was gonna have some fun in this car.
    WOW the car has a whole new personality kind of like Dr jekyll and Mr hyde you can putz around and just enjoy the sounds and be happy (Hyde) than step into it and she squats and shoots off wagging her tail and pulling hard (jekyll)
    I REALLY LIKE IT!!! VIVA LA NORTH!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• svobud
    replied
    The first trip I did in my old 4E resulted in a large ding in the front facia of the hood. Looked like someone had shot it with a pellet. The next day it went back to the paint shop.

Cant wait to see yours in person ... looks pretty darn slick.

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Well just a quick update on how it is going before the reunion......
    I had the car all together and have been driving it to different shows to get some miles er...or kilometers on it to break everything in.
    I went to the dyno shop the other day to finally get a good tune in it ( it has been very rich ) and to get the driving characteristics somewhat normal ( idle smooth)
    The guy I went too was very familliar with the Holley unit and was able to switch things and adjust things very fast.
    we ended up doing 16 pulls on the dyno. We needed to do a few more to finalize things but the 16th pull was our last because the head gasket decided we did too many
    I had to tow the car home from the shop and got a large chip in the hood from a flying stone. Damn
    I have just finished getting the car together and am going to start it (after finding a horseshoe clip for the fuel line)
    I hopefully will be able to get some dyno time in this week and schedule a quick touchup on the hood.

Here is some pics of the Summit Ford show near Toronto
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NavySVO
    replied
    Originally posted by roberto2000 View Post
    It was much clearer in my head last fall.
    It always is. But, knowing you, everything will get worked out just fine.

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    The car is now home...I am just doing an inventory of where I left off and what I need to complete.
    Rear window trim is on now just waiting on upper spoiler stud JB weld to dry
    then the upper and lower will go on
    I should have left better notes on what wires to complete to finish it off..
    It was much clearer in my head last fall.

Leave a comment:

• mallethead
    replied
    Rob, this is nothing short of amazing, especially with the documenting that you are doing! I wish I had the time (and moola) to strip mine down to parade rest like you did and start from scratch. I really, really cant wait to see it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X