Clear All

• Henson
    replied
    Rob at Carlisle eh!

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Originally posted by svobud View Post
    It's been over a week, and you failed to submit your TPS report with a coversheet.
    Um Yeah..... I am gonna say no to that ....I can't later I have a meeting with the Bobs

I am just wrapping up the convertible and might be going to Carlisle. Then...
    I am bringing it home

Leave a comment:

• svobud
    replied
    Originally posted by roberto2000 View Post
    I figure a good week and I will be on the road getting the bugs out and tweeking it here and there.
    It's been over a week, and you failed to submit your TPS report with a coversheet.

Leave a comment:

• 851ccp
    replied
    Looks good what paint did you use

Leave a comment:

• Ken Potter
    replied
    Most Excellent!

Leave a comment:

• thomp22
    replied
    Sweet!!! Look's Great. Looks like this years reunion will have another addition. Well Done Rob.

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Right now the car is sitting in the garage at the cottage away from the elements
    I am finishing a convertible currently before I pull out the SVO.

my short list for the SVO
    - complete the intercooler piping (weld bungs for accessories)
    - four wheel alignment and bumpsteer
    - finish wiring for 3g alternator and a coulpe other other connections
    - install windshield trim and rear window trim then rear spoilers
    - Start engine and start programing

I figure a good week and I will be on the road getting the bugs out and tweeking it here and there.

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    After all the polishing I brought the car home and installed the interior
    after having the seats repaired for tears at the bolster. All the glass was installed and the exterior trim was painted. I also installed the brake lines wiring harnesses, gastank and exhaust
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    After the painting we loaded up the car and brought it back to Bruces house
    only to .....Start sanding once again......This time it was with 2000 grit paper
    just when your car looks its cleanest we start to do this followed by buffing compound which flies and gets everywhere
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    After the paint dried it looked good
    we stood there looking at it from every angle for at least two hours
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    After months of sanding and checking (this is the time where it is important to be picky) we were ready to take it for the paint in a good booth
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    other areas of the car were then paid attention too
    The header panel fell out of the front bumper in pieces when we were removing it. This also needed work
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    After welding and grinding the quarter and roof we filled the leftover voids to give it that smooth look
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    After the roof was welded in place our next job was to tackle the smashed rear quarter. First it was dollied close to its original location and measurements were taken and transfered to the new sheetmetal then the cutting began. we step flanged all around the opening and screwed the panel in place before welding
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Our next job to tackle was the roof replacement this was necessary because someone cut the roof and installed an aftermarket sunroof.
    there is a lot of spot welds to drill to get the donor roof off to save the skin
    then there are just as many to drill out on the car. Care must be taken to ensure you dont use too much force and distort anything because it will show in the final product.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X