Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roberto2000
    replied
    when the engine compartment and underbody were finished painting we needed to install the suspension parts to allow us to roll the car around and get to work on the exterior of the body.
    we also installed the engine because we needed the room and we did not want to install it when there was a painted exterior
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    adding the 4e
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Some more shots of the under body before it was primed and painted
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Sorry it is out of order but I found pictures of cleaning the underbody
    WARNING this job will take at least a month if you have undercoating and if you ever want to go 'out' with your wife, keeping your self, let alone your garage clean during this process is impossible.
    Oh if you have little "helpers" make sure you ask your wife if they can get dirty in what they are wearing. Don't take their word for it (I did)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    While this work was being performed the engine builder was busy
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    The paint finally was started we did the bottom first then the engine compartment
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    When we got the car mounted in the shop ready for the underbody paint
    I was at home cleaning and dying interior panels.
    The suspension was also in my garage so I could do some new bushings and detailing of those parts.
    I also sent the engine off to a rebuilder to have the internals gone through
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    replied
    Once I had the car at home (Thanks to my Wife and son who made the trek to Vermont and drove it home)
    I took it to my friends home who does bodywork for me to check the damaged area and give it the rundown of what it needs.
    First off we went to a frame shop and had it put on the rack the body was square but the rearend was still pushed back 3" on the drivers side a quick inspection revealed the quad shock was bent and holding the rear end out of alignment.
    The next process the car went through was cleaning and preping for the paint
    I was to strip all the parts off so I could clean them up and also deliver a shell to Bruce for mounting on the Rotisserie.
    One note 1 SVO = 3 cars when taken apart totally

Leave a comment:

• roberto2000
    started a topic 85 4e resto

85 4e resto

I have been enjoying reading everyones' progress on their cars
    so I figured I would start a writeup on my 85 4e project.

2005 someone posted this car for sale here on the classifieds
    I had e-mailed him about it, and he sent me pictures.
    I did not purchase it right away because of the condition
    of the rear quarter and the aftermarket sunroof.
    I realized this was going to be a big undertaking.

Later in spring of 2006 the owner e-mailed me that the car was getting
    hard for him to get in and out of, due to a back injury. We threw around some figures and I told him I would get back to him later.
    The next week he informed me that the car would need some more work to keep it on the road and an inspection he did not want to do this so he dropped the price.
    I was going to agree to buy it, but now, for sure I was going to buy it.
    His mechanic gave the car the green light for one last voyage.
    Attached Files
Working...
X