JTurbo's 86 SVO - Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheViking View Post
    Ah cool. Just saw the front bumper trim in one of your other pictures. We'll have to make a trip up soon to celebrate
    You and the Mrs are welcome up any time, you already know that....

Originally posted by TheViking View Post
    And now that your car looks like new did you thank Gina for hitting it?
    Funny that you mentioned that, actually I thanked her tonight after I took the pictures that I posted earlier

Originally posted by Erics SVO View Post
    Looks great! Each time I see someone redo their 1C make me want to do mine back to it... But mine will need some good bodywork.
    Yes, but a rust free is a great start Eric. Not having to battle the cancer makes the process so much easier....
    Last edited by JTurbo; 08-06-2011, 12:47 AM.
    86 SVO 1C

Comment

• Nice looking pair in that garage!
      My wife says it's a sickness...what do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by JTurbo View Post
        Yes, but a rust free is a great start Eric. Not having to battle the cancer makes the process so much easier....
        You are right there! Only a little surface rust in some of the paint cracks on the roof. Hoping to strip it and the hood and the PS door aand get them sealed up somehow before winter.
        -Eric
        85 1C, 85.5 1B
        10 GT Premium
        01 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

• Ok, not all of the paint turned out Ok. The spats looked like crap and i ended up with some "fish-eyes" on the rear bumper. So I stripped the spats, primered and re-painted:

For the rear bumper, I just dry sanded the areas that had the fish eyes and then wet sanded / painted.

JT
          86 SVO 1C

Comment

• And today was the maiden voyage to work. First time out since the accident. took this one in my driveway:

And a few earlier this afternoon. Not sure why I'm getting the blurry/cloudy issues with the pics:

Hindsight is 20/20, I should have hit the tires with some Armoral....
            86 SVO 1C

Comment

• [QUOTE=JTurbo;
              Hindsight is 20/20, I should have hit the tires with some Armoral.... [/QUOTE]

I wish my tires looked soo bad
              Rob Wagner SVOCA #66
              86 2A comp prep, 2011 F250

Comment

• That's kick-a** Jay!! Nice!
                "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

Comment

• NO ARMOUR AL!!!!!!! Westleys Blech-White is the best for cleaning tires.

Looks awesome Joe!!!! Happiness is a shiny black car

Comment

• Looks good .. but .. and it's just me, but I would have painted the bottom strip on the spats gray to follow the lines off the lower body trim.

Comment

• Nice Joe....nice

Comment

• I like it

Comment

• ^^^^^ Thanks for all the kind words guys

Originally posted by svobud View Post
                          Looks good .. but .. and it's just me, but I would have painted the bottom strip on the spats gray to follow the lines off the lower body trim.
                          Yes, good catch. It's on the to do list as are the grey strips on the front bumper cover (have some minor scuffs/scratches). Problem is the SEM gray paint is a biotch with the humidity we've been having recently (turns splotchy white). So I figured I would just install the spats and paint later...

Also on the to do list is:
                          - prep and install the thin moldings on doors / fenders / QP's
                          - some touch up in the door / hatch jambs
                          - front seats need to be steam cleaned
                          - and finally, install my SVOCA banner on the hatch glass. I've had the banner in storage for years, waiting for a repaint so that the car was fitting of the club!!!

JT
                          86 SVO 1C

Comment

• Beautiful job!
                            -Eric
                            85 1C, 85.5 1B
                            10 GT Premium
                            01 Jeep Wrangler

Comment

• I had a hurricane Irene party Sunday afternoon in the garage. Painted the gray on the bottom of the spats, cleaned and installed the thin moldings (fender/door/quarter), and finally installed the SVO banner that I bought at a Reunion back in 05 or 06. Onward to some pics

I took these at the parking lot after work:

And a few in the driveway after work:

Enjoy!
                              86 SVO 1C

Comment

• Paintwork looks great!!!
                                Richard
                                '86 1C (300,000 miles) and '02 GT

Comment

Working...
                                X