No announcement yet.

JTurbo's 86 SVO - Part Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweet I always liked black SVO's. When they are clean there is no better color!
    Bruce

Comment

• Originally posted by SVOeric View Post
      nice and shiny!!
      Thanks Eric, I suspect the DSLR camera has a lot to do with the image quality.

Originally posted by svono50 View Post
      Car is looking good Joe! Nice when you can drive/park on the lawn of a school and not get in trouble for it, eh!?!
      Thank you Ted. I'm one of the "helpers" for the car show. So I get a premium parking spot.

Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      Sweet I always liked black SVO's. When they are clean there is no better color!
      Thanks Bruce. It's funny, when you own a certain color, other colors can be more appealing. I had the 9L SVO for a period of time and I really liked that one. Canyon Red is also one of my favorite colors.....
      Last edited by JTurbo; 07-04-2021, 12:02 PM.
      86 SVO 1C

Comment

• 9L has always been my favorite SVO color...hence, the reason I own a 1C, right?!? Although I still miss my first Fox, which was a 79 Turbo in yellow followed by an 80 NA 2.3L in silver.
        Ted
        86 SVO Mustang
        17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

• Originally posted by svono50 View Post
          9L has always been my favorite SVO color...hence, the reason I own a 1C, right?!? Although I still miss my first Fox, which was a 79 Turbo in yellow followed by an 80 NA 2.3L in silver.
          Funny thing is that I had an 80 notch originally yellow with black interior. I repainted it medium blue metallic (aka Dodge Conquest TSi blue). And I swapped the original 2.3 na with a draw thru carb Turbo from a 79 Capri RS Turbo....

Here is a pic of my 9L:

And a few scanned pics of the yellow painted blue notch:

Last edited by JTurbo; 07-06-2021, 09:48 PM.
          86 SVO 1C

Comment

• Not to hijack, but here is a pic of my yellow 79 turbo w/black interior for comparison, too funny the similarity.

Click image for larger version  Name:	79 Mustang_L_01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.7 KB ID:	212538
            Ted
            86 SVO Mustang
            17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

• Awesome, My 80 notch was originally the same color, but with no fancy stripes. It was a basic model, 4cyl/4 speed, no power anything, roll-up windows, etc.

I remember when the 79-82 cars were common and cheap. Now you hardly ever see any of those egg-crate grill Mustangs.
              86 SVO 1C

Comment

• I know I have never seen that stripe package on any other Mustang from that era, but it looked decent on the car. I think that car had dual adjustable mirrors and A/C if I remember right. The replacement '80 hatch I had was a complete stripper, no power anything, no A/C, no center console, only 1 side view mirror and weighed 2840 lbs with me in the car, so ~600 lbs lighter than my SVO.
                Ted
                86 SVO Mustang
                17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Working...
                X