No announcement yet.

85 resuscitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you can't replace just the diaphragm on most external waste-gates. You have to replace the entire actuator. OR, if you're like me, you replace the entire turbo, with a bigger turbo...and a new waste-gate actuator
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

Thanks Eric, I was able to get a replacement that I made work. It now holds 15psi at WOT which it wasn't before. I think it's finally ready for a check up. This guy by us says he has done a bunch of work on turbo coupes and SVOs in the past so I hope to set up an appointment ​soon.
      I finally convinced my youngest daughter to drive it. I'm pretty sure she likes it better than the 89 GT...

Comment

A word of caution---
        MANY of these cars are wrecked because younger drivers are not 'ready' for the way the turbo 'hits' when it comes in, especially on wet roads..
        Eric C
        SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

We had that conversation a few times! How far it sunk in is up for debate... She's pretty careful but I was young once a long time ago.

Comment

It took all year but I was finally able to get to an auto cross last Saturday NIGHT which was the last one for the year. By night I mean no track lights, just the car headlights.It was pretty interesting and not always easy to see the cones but still a lot of fun. It also got pretty cold, 45ish deg for the last 2 runs and I got to experience the difference between warm and cold tires.

Other than my care deciding to blow a ton of blue smoke on the first two runs for some reason, which I hadn't seen at all before, the car ran good on the 1.5 hr drive up and back. Pretty happy and looking forward to doing more events next year.

Comment

Working...
            X