No announcement yet.

Minor restoration of 84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did come across the shifter I posted about. It is from Stinger Performance. Found it today while perusing their site.
    -Mark-
    1984 #1559, 2A
    1966 2+2, A code

Comment

Another problem I had was the clutch engaging at the upper most end of travel. It still has all the stock parts; plastic quadrant and pawl with no firewall adjuster. I was looking at new cables and adjusters, but before pulling the trigger, I thought I'd get back under the dash and take a look. It's been 30 years since I had my 84 GT, but something kept nagging at me that the stock pedal can be adjusted. Sure enough, once you see how the two parts interact with other, I released the Pawl and dropped the pedal to where it now feels better and starts to engage closer to the floor. cranked it up, drove around the yard and now it's much better. No noises shifting or stationary with clutch applied or not.

At this age of the car, the shelf life of those plastic parts can't be long off. I'll probably go ahead and get a new cable, firewall adjuster and quadrant to have on hand for the inevitable.

Really enjoying the SVO. It's just as easy to work on as the racecar and a hundredth of the cost!
      -Mark-
      1984 #1559, 2A
      1966 2+2, A code

Comment

The stock two knob radio still works but wanted to use my cell phone. I did some searching and gave this a try. Amazed that it actually works! You tune to a “dead” station and tune the adapter to it. Phone connects via BT and tunes and calls come across just like a newer car.

Click image for larger version  Name:	38BDF1D3-6CFA-456D-8DDA-A0601E6BEC30.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	214744
        -Mark-
        1984 #1559, 2A
        1966 2+2, A code

Comment

Bought the book from David Larocque, The Machine Speaks for Itself. Wow, tons of information in this book!
          I had it spiral bound as soon as it arrived. So much easier to read.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	6B296378-48E4-41C4-88B7-33E018C2ED4F.jpeg
Views:	0
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	214942
          -Mark-
          1984 #1559, 2A
          1966 2+2, A code

Comment

Working...
          X