New SVO owner!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SVO owner!!

Hello everyone. New SVO owner here as I just picked up an 86 svo. It's got 105k miles. Runs and drives excellent. Got a great deal on it and I'm excited to learn about these cars. I'm no stranger to 80s turbo cars as I own a 86 ttype and an 89 turbo transam. I can wait to take all 3 off them to car shows . This mustang needs a rear hatch as it's rusted out. The wing is broken to pieces but complete. Interior is good with the exception of the shifter knob and the steering wheel. Anyways it was cheap at 750$ so I felt like I had to buy it for that price! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Comment

Excellent price for that car!
        85.5 1E in the house.

Comment

Welcome and I have to say you got the 'deal of the century' with that purchase! Let us know what questions you have as you get into it. You certainly have a good collection of cars. A friend of mine owns an 86 T-type, chestnut brown with 60/40 split bench seat and a column shifter.
          Ted
          86 SVO Mustang
          17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Thankyou! I love turbo cars from the 80s.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

Comment

Above pics are of my 86 ttype and my 89 turbo transam and their motors. I cant wait to do all the tricks and mods to the svo motor!!!

Comment

Welcome. Nice cars.
                  Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
                  '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
                  '96 300ZXTT

Comment

Man, you stole that car! I'll give you double that amount right now

Comment

Thankyou. I clay barred the car and waxed it otherwise it looked pretty bad. The hatch is rusted out so that's part of why I got a good deal im guessing. I wish I could find a svo hatch with all the holes for the spoilers but I will settle for a hatch and a gt spoiler for now. I need the side spats also hopefully I can get them ordered this weekend. Anyone know where to get that thin side trim?

Comment

Welcome! -- Nice cars
                        Eric C
                        SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

Originally posted by Lsttype View Post
                          Thankyou. I clay barred the car and waxed it otherwise it looked pretty bad. The hatch is rusted out so that's part of why I got a good deal im guessing. I wish I could find a svo hatch with all the holes for the spoilers but I will settle for a hatch and a gt spoiler for now. I need the side spats also hopefully I can get them ordered this weekend. Anyone know where to get that thin side trim?
                          Welcome! Man, I’d love to have a T-type/GN and/or TTA in our shop parked next to our SVO. Have a friend with a 87 T-type, and it’s a real joy to drive.

Post up a query in the Wanted section here. There are a few here with the trim still in their stashes. There are a couple of threads here about suitable modern replacements. The SVO trim had a unique profile, but you can get close with modern stuff. Unless you’re going for a 100-pointer, no one will probably notice.
                          Gene Beaird,
                          86 2R SVO, G Stock,
                          Pearland, Texas

Comment

Thankyou! I'm not looking for it to be a show car just a nice presentable piece of history. I will post in the Wanted section thanks again

Comment

Welcome to SVOCA. Good group of turbo cars you have.
                              And at $750, you really got a great deal on that SVO.
                              86 SVO 1C

Comment

Working...
                              X