Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gbeaird
    replied
    The hatch is common between GT and SVO, the only thing different is the upper wing on the SVO. IIRC, the holes for the rear spoiler on a GT are in the same spot as they are on the SVO, you just need 4 extra holes to attach the bi-wing if you use a GT hatch. Oh, and rear defrost was pretty common on SVOs, and not common on GTs.

Leave a comment:

• Lsttype
    replied
    Are fenders hard to come by? I could probably save this one as the inner lip is where the rust is and won't show but I'd like to replace maybe

Leave a comment:

• SVOeric
    replied
    assuming you mean front fender, the answer is, it's 'slightly specific'

there are a couple slots cut for the front facia to mount, that aren't on stock mustangs, those are easy to replicate...
    there is also a bend in the molding area that allows the nose to wrap around. it's not in the stock fox fender, and is very hard to replicate.

I know there are pics around here somewhere....

Leave a comment:

• Lsttype
    replied
    Is the sheet metal svo specific? My inner front fender is pretty crusty

Leave a comment:

• JTurbo
    replied
    Welcome to SVOCA. Good group of turbo cars you have.
    And at $750, you really got a great deal on that SVO.

Leave a comment:

• Lsttype
    replied
    Thankyou! I'm not looking for it to be a show car just a nice presentable piece of history. I will post in the Wanted section thanks again

Leave a comment:

• gbeaird
    replied
    Originally posted by Lsttype View Post
    Thankyou. I clay barred the car and waxed it otherwise it looked pretty bad. The hatch is rusted out so that's part of why I got a good deal im guessing. I wish I could find a svo hatch with all the holes for the spoilers but I will settle for a hatch and a gt spoiler for now. I need the side spats also hopefully I can get them ordered this weekend. Anyone know where to get that thin side trim?
    Welcome! Man, I’d love to have a T-type/GN and/or TTA in our shop parked next to our SVO. Have a friend with a 87 T-type, and it’s a real joy to drive.

Post up a query in the Wanted section here. There are a few here with the trim still in their stashes. There are a couple of threads here about suitable modern replacements. The SVO trim had a unique profile, but you can get close with modern stuff. Unless you’re going for a 100-pointer, no one will probably notice.

Leave a comment:

• SVOeric
    replied
    Welcome! -- Nice cars

Leave a comment:

• Lsttype
    replied
    Thankyou. I clay barred the car and waxed it otherwise it looked pretty bad. The hatch is rusted out so that's part of why I got a good deal im guessing. I wish I could find a svo hatch with all the holes for the spoilers but I will settle for a hatch and a gt spoiler for now. I need the side spats also hopefully I can get them ordered this weekend. Anyone know where to get that thin side trim?

Leave a comment:

• canyonsvo
    replied
    Man, you stole that car! I'll give you double that amount right now

Leave a comment:

• GAboySVO
    replied
    Welcome. Nice cars.

Leave a comment:

• Lsttype
    replied
    Above pics are of my 86 ttype and my 89 turbo transam and their motors. I cant wait to do all the tricks and mods to the svo motor!!!

Leave a comment:

• Lsttype
    replied
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Lsttype
    replied
    Thankyou! I love turbo cars from the 80s.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 4 photos.

Leave a comment:

• svono50
    replied
    Welcome and I have to say you got the 'deal of the century' with that purchase! Let us know what questions you have as you get into it. You certainly have a good collection of cars. A friend of mine owns an 86 T-type, chestnut brown with 60/40 split bench seat and a column shifter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X