Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 SVO LCA rebuild

Good evening all.

I need to revisit an issue that is dear to all SVO owners hearts. The front LCA, I have had my 86 1C for many years, but have not had the time, or garage space to rebuild it. In 2015 I relocated from Dallas, Tx. to Pensacola, FL., and built a large shop (1 problem taken care of), and now I have the time. I do have a Backyard Buddy 4 post lift in it also. My front end is just shot, and needs a completely rebuild. Both LCAs' need to be replaced or rebuilt, and I am aware o the issues with going that route.

I do have a complete Maximum Motorsports front end, K member kit available to me, if I want to use it. New tubular upper and LCAs', Koni coil overs, tubular K member, etc. However it does requires some moving around of the control arms' and cutting of the inner fenders to use it.

Before I start tearing everything out up front, I want to assure that that the OEM LCAs' are not replaceable, or repairable. I would really prefer to keep the OEM SVO parts, if they are repairable. I know the there are many who have already faced this issue, and I am seeking their guidance and/or recommendations.

As stated above I have this car for years, but I am really a novice to it, its has been setting in a leased storage space for a long time.

Any help, guidance, or suggestions would be welcomed and appreciated.
    1986 SVO 1C

This is a file I created from a post by Roberto2000 or Jturbo on his rebuild/upgrade of his LCAs to match with SN95 spindles for a big brake upgrade. The same process could be done with ball joints that match the stock spindle.

I also recall that there was a site that would rebuild them for you. Search the site for that info.

LCA with Steeda.pdf
    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
    '96 300ZXTT

Comment

what help do you need?
      Rob

85 4e

Comment

http://fcrcmachine.com/rare-parts-re...ku=RPIRR-18250

Comment

Wow it is great that they offer that service....the way I read it thats just over $700 to do a pair of arms. Man I need to fire up the machines
          Rob

85 4e

Comment

Thanks for sharing! I'm checking with them to see if they still offer the service. Roberto, if you want to do this work, I'll happily send a pair to you. Heck, I think I have a collection of SVO LCAs of different conditions. I could probably send a pair so you have a pair in stock for an exchange program!
            Gene Beaird,
            86 2R SVO, G Stock,
            Pearland, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by roberto2000 View Post
              Wow it is great that they offer that service....the way I read it thats just over $700 to do a pair of arms. Man I need to fire up the machines
              I have another set for you to do. You interested?
              Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
              '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
              '96 300ZXTT

Comment

I think I have 2 sets of cores .. I am at work next week I will see if I can get them done.

What Ball Joint are people interested in using SVO> or SN95? depending on what spindle and brakes you want to use
                Rob

85 4e

Comment

Originally posted by roberto2000 View Post
                  I think I have 2 sets of cores .. I am at work next week I will see if I can get them done.

What Ball Joint are people interested in using SVO> or SN95? depending on what spindle and brakes you want to use

I can send mine in. I want the SN95 spindle upgrade and I have the Steeda ball joints already. PM me your address and I''l get them sent out.
                  Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
                  '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
                  '96 300ZXTT

Comment

I can also send a pair in. I'm sticking with SVO spindles (I gotta stop the updates _somewhere_, right?). Same, here! Thank you.
                    Gene Beaird,
                    86 2R SVO, G Stock,
                    Pearland, Texas

Comment

Rob, your Inbox is full.
                      Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
                      '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
                      '96 300ZXTT

Comment

emptied
                        Rob

85 4e

Comment

Interested as well. Could send a pair to you roberto2000, I'm in Canada as well.

Thanks!
                          85.5 1E in the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Corrugated View Post
                            Interested as well. Could send a pair to you roberto2000, I'm in Canada as well.

Thanks!
                            Being in Canada, you get to skip the Canada Customs fun! I'm saying this as an FYI, only. The shipper we used (one of those 'mom and pop' shipping companies) marked our package as 'gift', in spite of her asking me of the value, just in case Customs asks. So, when the 60# box hit the border with the word 'gift' on the customs form, Canada Customs put a hold on the package for more information.

I had insured it for $200 US, so that's what I told the lady I would value it at, even though they were old car parts that are no longer being made. I did not want to tell them they were essentially priceless. ;-)

I'll let Rob indicate what the Customs fees were for my package, if he wants, since I don't know that, but wanted to let anyone know who lives south of the border to definitely put a value on the customs form, or they'll be held.
                            Gene Beaird,
                            86 2R SVO, G Stock,
                            Pearland, Texas

Comment

Believe me, I feel that pain with most everything that I have to purchase for the car from the USA. $ exchange, shipping, brokerage, taxes...it never ends! I always try to get things from within the country whenever I can
                              85.5 1E in the house.

Comment

Working...
                              X