Replacing fuel line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing fuel line

So I'm currently in the process of cleaning up my 84. I've decided to replace the entire fuel line. Much of it is a hard plastic high pressure. I see there is a Motorcraft E1PZ9324B replacement fuel line but it appears to just be high pressure rubber.

Not sure if the original fuel line is available or even recommended. I guess I could go steel braided the entire way but not really sure I want to go that route.
    Hoping to get on the track soon

do not replace the fuel line with rubber hose!!!

there are specific tools to work with the hard-plastic line, that's what you should use. it's available in multiple places, you buy it in 'feet' -- it's not specific sections.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

I have a complete fuel lines for an 84. e-mail kacoker@aol.com
      Kendal Coker

Comment

Originally posted by SVOeric View Post
        do not replace the fuel line with rubber hose!!!

there are specific tools to work with the hard-plastic line, that's what you should use. it's available in multiple places, you buy it in 'feet' -- it's not specific sections.
        I've seen the Kool Tools kit to work on hard plastic lines, looks much better than the kit I bought years ago...kind of pricey but seems like it would do the trick for sure.

Is there a part number/reference/link to the hard plastic lines?

Kendal...just sent you an email.

Thanks for the info!
        Hoping to get on the track soon

Comment

you can buy the hard nylon line in rolls, and all the connectors from nearly anywhere, Advance auto-parts, Amazon, lots of places have it.
          the tools to work on the lines (highly recommend) part-number 800-301
          10 ft of the line 5/16 (input)-- 800-074
          25 ft of the line 5/16 (input) -- 800-071

I'm not seeing the 1/4 inch available in 10/25 foot sections from doorman -- you can find it on Amazon tho
          the doorman website is VERY helpful in finding the connectors, tons of stuff listed there.
          https://www.dormanproducts.com

Eric C
          SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

Working...
          X