e5zf-12a650-j1a Ecm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e5zf-12a650-j1a Ecm

I have a feeling my ECM may be toast. It’s hard to find the manual ones online. Is anyone able to suggest something compatible that does not require a lot of pin moving? I swear I’m going to drive this car before the snow flies up here!!

Thanks

Mike

LA3 swap is the only swap for an SVO that's minimal pin swap.. (it's under the FAQ section)

I have no idea what a E5ZF, or a J1a computer is.. it's not a SVO computer.
    Eric C
    SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

I believe that is Merkur XR4Ti computer. I had a list somewhere at some point that listed them all for each vehicle.

Comment

Here is a picture of it. When I went searching for one Rock Auto lists this number less the 1 so JA as the automatic version of the ECM. I’ll look at the LA3 swap on the FAQ.

thanks again Eric!

Originally posted by SVOeric View Post
        LA3 swap is the only swap for an SVO that's minimal pin swap.. (it's under the FAQ section)

I have no idea what a E5ZF, or a J1a computer is.. it's not a SVO computer.
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
        Last edited by mikeyb0013; 08-27-2021, 01:36 PM.

Comment

THAT is a PJ computer... -- expected for 85-85 SVO's

here's a fairly extensive list:
          PK - 1984-1985.5 Turbo Coupe: Auto , small VAM, 35pph injectors
          PK1 - 1985-1989 XR: Auto, small VAM, 35pph injectors
          PF2 - 1985 XR: Man , small VAM, 35pph injectors
          PF3 - 1986-89 XR: Man , small VAM , 35pph injectors
          PC1 - 1985-86 Turbo Coupe Man, small VAM , 35pph injectors
          LA - Early 1987 Turbo Coupe Man, big VAM, 35pph injectors
          LA2 - 1987 Turbo Coupe Man, big VAM, 35pph injectors
          LB2 - 1987 Turbo Coupe Auto, big VAM, 35pph injectors
          LA2 - Early 1988 Turbo Coupe Man, big VAM, 35pph injectors
          LA3 - Late 1988 Turbo Coupe Man, big VAM, 35pph injectors
          8UA - 1988 Turbo Coupe Auto, big VAM, 35pph injectors
          PE - 1985.5 -86 SVO Man, big VAM, 35pph injectors
          PJ - 1984-1985 SVO Man, big VAM, 30pph injectors
          TF - 1983.5-1984 Mustang / Capri / Turbo Coupe Man, small VAM, 30pph injectors
          Eric C
          SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

LA3 is probably the easiest to find, but would need pin swaps, and injector upgrade
            PE is probably the most expensive, and hardest to find. would need injector upgrade, and just a minor wiring tweek (boost controller), possibly some weirdness with knock sensor
            PJ is the only other computer that expects manual trans, Big VAM, and 30# injectors.

Eric C
            SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

I put a Ron Francis harness on it that I got from LMR it may need an LA2 or 3 ECM they are going to let me know tomorrow what I need to do. Problem is finding one north of the border!!

Originally posted by SVOeric View Post
              LA3 is probably the easiest to find, but would need pin swaps, and injector upgrade
              PE is probably the most expensive, and hardest to find. would need injector upgrade, and just a minor wiring tweek (boost controller), possibly some weirdness with knock sensor
              PJ is the only other computer that expects manual trans, Big VAM, and 30# injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb0013 View Post
                I put a Ron Francis harness on it that I got from LMR it may need an LA2 or 3 ECM they are going to let me know tomorrow what I need to do. Problem is finding one north of the border!!

Man, get a PIMP and get rid of that VAM.

Comment

Working...
                X