Turbo options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo options

I've got a spare Precision 6262 turbo with a 63 exhaust. Is that to big for a svo? I assume the svo turbo is a 3 bolt? I would do all of the supporting mods needed for a bigger turbo. I'm new to the svo game but the 6262 is a fun turbo on our turbobuicks. I know these aren't apples to apples but I bet the svo responds well to e85, turbo and a front mount?

You'd be happier with a 48. We have a 63 on the car now and it doesn't really make much boost until 3500 rpm.

Comment

How much hp does a 48mm support?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsttype View Post
        How much hp does a 48mm support?
        No idea. I'd guess about 350 whp.

Comment

compressor side wheel makes more difference than the exhaust side wheel. you can't just look at the exhaust side

Just simple physics, yes the larger exhaust side will take more exhaust to spin due to mass, .48 will spool a bit quicker, but I have a .63 that has full boost by 2200 rpm.
          cant ever hit more than 3000 rpm in 2nd gear, cause it blows the back tires off at that point. (at 17 psi boost)

Eric C
          SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

I've got a spare 6262 with an 63 A/R. I was thinking that it probably is a little big for the 2.3 but I honestly don't know. Just sounds like fun is all

Comment

*sigh*
              I give up- -
              I can only tell you that 84-85 SVO's came with .63 exhaust side turbo's stock....
              without knowing what the other side wheel is, -- it's a guess... it's not likely to be horrible, so throw it on and give it a shot.
              Eric C
              SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

62 on both sides

Comment

The 3.8 Buick pushes a bit more energy out the exhaust, but you could certainly try it out and see how it reacts. Likely won't have to run much more than stock boost levels with the increased flow rate of that turbo. I am running a Turbonetics T3/T4 hybrid with a Stage II .63 exhaust and smallish 48-trim compressor. Slower boost ramp than the stocker, but still can get full boost by 3000 rpm and it flows a lot more cfm than the stock unit.

As far as E85, I am sure you can pull more out of it with tuning capability of course. That is where a MS or the like comes in. Front mount main advantage would be a flow increase with the thermal being secondary. All depends on what your goals are to what path you may want to take.
                  Ted
                  86 SVO Mustang
                  17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

I basically want to do all the stuff I do to my turbobuicks....e85, front mount, bigger turbo and fuel system, ecm, and eventually build the motor etc. Whatever it runs will be fine with me. They are really cool motors and strong from what I'm learning

Comment

The SVO is a For 5-bolt exhaust housing, so you will definitely have to fab something to make the 3 bolt work.

You might want to look this over:

https://www.motortrend.com/features/...o-four-banger/

https://www.huberperformance.com/about_us
                      Last edited by GAboySVO; 09-10-2021, 02:14 PM.
                      Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
                      '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
                      '96 300ZXTT

Comment

Working...
                      X