A/C Conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C Conversion

With the rather limited availability of the HR-980 compressor, has anyone attempted to adapt the A/C compressor from a early 90s 2.3L LX into an SVO? I have already converted to a serpentine setup, so the belt drive is irrelevant to me. The only thing I could see being a problem is that the lines may run too close to the turbo with the N/A setup. Has anyone done this swap or already done some research on it?
    1986 1D - An oil return and rear end away from FINALLY being fully streetable again!
    2007 Mazda3 2.3L 5 Speed hatch

Bart,

Check with Hoze Wizards in Loganville,Ga (770)554-0044
    They may have a mounting kit available.
    They are the a/c supplier for Late Model Resto and Motion Dynamics.

HTH
    Last edited by onthegosvo; 08-29-2006, 06:46 PM.
    Steve

1986 2A / 1984 1C

Comment

bart
      i think this is the set up motion dynamics sells .they may have some info for you......................paul
      The #7160 SVO

Comment

Paul,

You are correct.
        Steve

1986 2A / 1984 1C

Comment

Mike Fleming has this swap on his car.

Comment

I have been recently contemplating putting a different compressor on my SVO for the past couple of years. From a size standpoint, the newer compressors should fit easily, it is the orientation of the outlet fittings that could cause issues. The A/C compressor on my Subie is smaller than the alternator, the thing is tiny! I am sure it is a little more efficient as well as being made for R134. I would be interested in seeing Mike's kit at the Reunion.
            Ted
            86 SVO Mustang
            17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Working...
            X