Essy Round Tooth Pullies and Width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essy Round Tooth Pullies and Width

Is the intermediate shaft pulley with the standard Essy Ranger belt kit supposed to be wider than the cam pulley?

I went to put the cover on with my essy pulleys and the intermediate shaft pulley is too thick. It is about 2 tenths of an inch thicker than the crank and cam pulleys, 1.15 to 1.35".

Did I get a wide belt int pulley, or is it normal to not be able to put the plastic cover on?

(all 3 stock pulleys are the same width ~1.07")
    Last edited by luvtolean; 04-26-2008, 09:35 PM.

Can't tell you the width differences but it won't be a wide belt puleey. The wide belt and pulleys have a different pitch and won't interchange.

Comment

Dang.

OK, well, what am I looking for to get a round tooth intermediate pulley out of the boneyard then?

Rangers and do the Mustang 2.3s ever go round belt?

Comment

Originally posted by luvtolean View Post
        what am I looking for to get a round tooth intermediate pulley out of the boneyard then?
        Cam and aux Sprocket are one in the same

Comment

Originally posted by NavySVO View Post
          Cam and aux Sprocket are one in the same

I see a pick n' pull run in my future...does anyone know if any of the NA Mustangs have round tooth pullies, or only Rangers?

Comment

Originally posted by luvtolean View Post

I see a pick n' pull run in my future...does anyone know if any of the NA Mustangs have round tooth pullies, or only Rangers?
            I got my round toothe crank SPROCKET from a hook-up at the Ford dealer ($11.00), and it was from a 93 2.3L....doesn't really matter if it's a Ranger or not.

Comment

Thanks again, that was my guess.

Rather than deal with my local pick and pull which charges a king's ransom for parts anyway, I might just do that too.

Comment

Ford P/Ns

Cam/Aux sprockets F1ZZ-6256A
                Crank sprocket F1ZZ-6306A

Comment

[rant]Damn, I've now been to 5 pick n pulls and have yet to find one round tooth pulley.

un-f'ing believable.[/rant]

Not long ago my local breakers had at least 3 cars that had them.

Only thing I have to show for my efforts is a Volvo head, and some rubber rear quarter molding that kinda matches the SVO.

Comment

Well, it appears that Ford has obsoleted round tooth cam pullies, so I can't buy one.

Comment

I might be mistaken (imagine that!), but I am pretty sure the 87-88 TCs have the round tooth sprockets. Have you tried TF?

Comment

If you can find a place that sells dynagear products they may still make them. Here it the list of what they make for the 2.3L.

the fields as shown in the picture are:
                        part description, part number, no. of teeth and the OEM part number

looks like dynagear is owned by cloyes..
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Runkster; 05-09-2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Have you tried TF?
                          Nope. I didn't think I'd have this issue as my local pick n pull seemed to always have late 4 banger Mustangs in stock. I want to put this thing back together this weekend, so if my parts house can't get it in a day from the aftermarket, I think I'll just put the square tooth stuff back on with a new belt and save the round tooth stuff for later. (and maybe mill the pulley)

Sweet Runkster! I have a really good local parts house that might be able to do something with that.

Did you guys know Ford has also obsoleted the valve-cover gasket?
                          Last edited by luvtolean; 05-09-2008, 04:28 PM.

Comment

CHECK THE RNGERS, any 2.3-2.5 ranger from around 92 and up will probably have them. But I to might be mistaken.
                            <- Got fuel?

Comment

Yeah, checked every Ranger I could find. None had the newer 2.3 or 2.5. Found 2.9s, and even a 302 conversion...

Such a stupid thing to struggle to find.

Comment

Working...
                              X