Just bought an 84!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought an 84!

Just recently found an 84, medium canyon red 15 minutes from my house. It popped up on FB market place and my much better half saw it. She was adamant we go look at it ASAP. We brought it home on August 1st.
    We're the 4th owners and I'm slowly pulling papers together to document its history. The car started life as a Ford Motor Company lease. It was sold to the 1st owner in Ankeny, IA and spent an unknown number of years as a daily driver and AutoX car.

I'm slowly going through the car and fixing the bugs, replacing minor parts and going over the mechanicals. It's also in need of a good cleaning inside and out. Really excited and looking forward to semi-daily driving the 84!

I also have a 1966 Mustang 2+2 that I did a complete restoration back in the late 90's early 2000's. I've been vintage road racing the car for many years with Heartland Vintage Racing.

-Mark-
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 5 photos.
    -Mark-
    84 SVO
    66 2+2

Looks great!

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by MSell View Post
      ...and my much better half saw it. She was adamant we go look at it ASAP...
      Nice car - congrats!! ^^This is pretty cool also. LOL!! ^^

"If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

Comment

Nice looking example
        PETRO EXPRESS=CITGO=BOYCOTT / Illinois - Taxation w/o Representation!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Looks complete and fairly clean for having some of its life as a daily driver! "She was adamant we go look at it ASAP. " <-- Sounds like you got a keeper right there!!
          Ted
          86 SVO Mustang
          17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Oh yeah, she’s definitely a keeper! When we met many years ago, I had an 84 GT. She feels younger just looking at the “new” car.
            She’s put up with me and my racing obsession with the 66.

Attached Files
            Last edited by MSell; 08-05-2022, 08:39 PM.
            -Mark-
            84 SVO
            66 2+2

Comment

I made contact with the original owner today. He still lives in Iowa and hope to get together this fall when he comes to Ames. Can’t wait to hear the history!
              -Mark-
              84 SVO
              66 2+2

Comment

I made contact with the original owner today. He still lives in Iowa and hope to get together this fall when he comes to Ames. Can’t wait to hear the history!
                Very cool, that should be an interesting meet up. Will be interesting to see the story behind his ownership of the car. Nice '66 BTW!! Funny thing is, my wife and I just did a couple day vacation through the NE quadrant of Iowa, seeing the sights, hiking and her letting me visit some local microbreweries. Came home with some nice brews to enjoy and share.
                Ted
                86 SVO Mustang
                17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Sounds like you might have stopped at Toppling Goliath brewery. Really great brews there!
                  -Mark-
                  84 SVO
                  66 2+2

Comment

As I've been going through the paperwork that came in a couple boxes, I found the first five copies of the Turbo Times. Also have No 1 and 2 of Volume 2. There's a good bit of info and correspondence between the original owner and David LaRocque. The original owner guide and the instructions for the Koni shocks. There are 3 large shop manuals; Body Chassis Electrical, Powertrain Lubrication Maintenance and Emissions Diagnostics. Also found the glossy Ford dealer handout.

Pretty good score!
                    -Mark-
                    84 SVO
                    66 2+2

Comment

That is a good looking car.

Comment

As I've been going through the paperwork that came in a couple boxes, I found the first five copies of the Turbo Times. Also have No 1 and 2 of Volume 2. There's a good bit of info and correspondence between the original owner and David LaRocque. The original owner guide and the instructions for the Koni shocks. There are 3 large shop manuals; Body Chassis Electrical, Powertrain Lubrication Maintenance and Emissions Diagnostics. Also found the glossy Ford dealer handout.

Pretty good score!
                        Any chance of uploading the Turbo Times copies? I've been trying to get ahold of some over the last few years, would be cool to at least be able to read them online...

Thanks!
                        85.5 1E in the house.

Comment

Is there a way to put them on this site? I could scan into pdfs. Some site won’t take them.
                          -Mark-
                          84 SVO
                          66 2+2

Comment

Sounds like you might have stopped at Toppling Goliath brewery. Really great brews there!
                            That was our first stop, good food too. Didn't realize how BIG that place was! Hit Pulpit, SingleSpeed, Big Grove and BackPocket as well. Lots of good brews to be had for sure.
                            Ted
                            86 SVO Mustang
                            17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Working...
                            X