Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking at getting some new 42lb injectors. Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking at getting some new 42lb injectors. Any suggestions?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/39324344074...53.m2763.l2649 whats your thoughts, seller said they are flow tested and genuine. Any other suggestions?

Those are high impendence injectors, are you running aftermarket ECM?
    Also, why buy complete set of 8 when you only need 4?

Ebay injectors are a risk. Check here to get exactly what you need, reliable source and good customer service.

https://racetronix.com/
    "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

Comment

It has lightning injectors in it already with a pe computer. I actually think i found the issue, fuel pump is bad so i am going to change it out, and then just get my existing injectors cleaned. It looks like the fuel pump filter fell apart and got sucked into the pump blocking it.

Comment

if you're getting 42# injectors -- you also need something to control them. the stock ecu won't do so well, and you will run rich all the time.

PE computers (as well as all SVO computers) are tuned for LOW IMPEDANCE injectors. so you need low impedance injectors
        Eric C
        SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

I'm not sure how it even runs with lightning injectors.

Comment

Well thats the million dollar question, it barely runs, i bought it this way. But i pulled them and they are high impendance lightning injectors.

Comment

0280150558 these were on the injectors and it said ford bright green tops

Comment

it won't for long, -- will eventually burn the injector drivers out of the ECU
                Eric C
                SVOCA Webmaster

Comment

Originally posted by onelapsvo View Post
                  0280150558 these were on the injectors and it said ford bright green tops
                  You need to replace those with the correct injectors ASAP. You are going to ruin your PE running those. Or you could get a PIMP and run whatever injectors you want.

Comment

I have a set of RC Engineering ejectors that I will let go for $80 for the set.
                    Mike S

'86 SVO 9L Leather
                    '86 SVO 9L Road Warrior
                    '96 300ZXTT

Comment

Originally posted by GAboySVO View Post
                      I have a set of RC Engineering ejectors that I will let go for $80 for the set.
                      That's a helluva good price for "ejectors"

Seriously though onelapsvo, buy these ^^
                      "If there's no plan, what can go wrong...?"

Comment

GAboySVO pm sent. And I am going to do a harness and pimp ecu setup on it. I got it running good, the harness had so many brittle ends on it. Its beyond saving. The more i pulled back the more wires i had to replace.

Comment

If you are going with a PIMP you can run whatever injectors you want. That is a great deal from Gaboysvo, but if you are going to turn it up you might as well get some bigger injectors. I have some almost brand new 60lb injectors just sitting on a shelf.

Comment

I would love to drive it for 2-4 months until the snow hits then its getting upgraded.

Comment

May just want to throw a set of brown tops in it for buzzing it around for the remainder of the season. The stock 35 lb-hr injectors can easily support 300+hp and will 'play nice' with the stock EEC w/o having to fiddle much with the fuel pressure. Just a thought.
                              Ted
                              86 SVO Mustang
                              17 Cooper S Clubman ALL4

Comment

Working...
                              X